• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CGS suppressors GTG?

The King

Back to the Range
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2004
    Florence, CO
    Anyone have a good experience with the CGS MOD9SK type can? Trying to decide if I should just hit this guy with the bandsaw and send the data to the ATF to mark it destroyed.

Its a piston type can, and I was having problems with the piston not returning to the start position - and it turned out to be the spring. Then replaced the spring and lubed the can and it ran for 5 rounds before the can was stuck in the open piston position. I can't get the piston to move even with a hammer and I can't get the back cap to even dream of coming off even with heat and a vice.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a good experience with this thing? Not really interested in spending another $50 to ship something and 2 more hours of pain in the ass if it's never going to work out anyway.

Thoughts?

You waited X months and paid Y hundreds of dollars to get the can. $50 shipping to *the* people who can answer your question or swap parts for you is the only thing I think is reasonable here.

I may not have been clear. I already sent it to them and they did not fix it. Or even test it.

Decided that I wasn’t going to send it to them again to not get fixed. As such I figured why not get out some of the machinists stuff and figure out what was wrong.

A blow torch and a strap wrench and extra large barrel wrench got it apart. Took 100 ft/lbs to get the back cap off. It was threaded in by hand.

Turns out it has a problem with the spring getting caught on a surface feature and locking the entire thing up. Removed some of that surface feature and cleaned up the spring used on the piston and it functions now.

So it’s main issues were the quality of workmanship on the piston spring is “chinese plastic toy” levels, and the main piston bore was defective in shape. Loving it.