• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Chamber Flushing Pressure

jaclthr

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2009
Spring Branch, Texas
I have seen a couple of threads on setting up "Chamber Flushing" systems and some even showed pictures of their setup, What I am interested in is the type of pump used and what pressure range is needed, once the reamer is in the bore the pressure will increase and a bleed off would be required . . . Right? Thank You for any help you would give.

jaclthr

Re: Chamber Flushing Pressure

The one I made for Nesika had over 600lbs of pressure on tap. We typically chambered at around 300-400lbs.

This was a one of a kind set up that had a considerable investment of time, $, and effort to make.

I think you can get away with much less and still be successful. The pump I have now will go to over 2500lbs but I doubt I'll ever have the stones to try it that high. Braided hose and AN fittings are your friends. . .

I think a decent sump pump with a sock filter setup will work well for you. run a pressure bypass with a gauge and give it hell. I used a Dumore coupler for mine. They aren't cheap. ($800 bucks) but you can cut chambers up to 1800 rpm with it!

I run my reamers 400-475 rpm with good results.

Hope this helped.

C

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run my reamers 400-475 rpm with good results.

C </div></div>

LOL , thats about 4x what everybody else runs , fine tools make the job so much faster

No wizardry or voodoo.

Straight out of the feeds/speeds recommendations for that size tooling. I don't use a pair of vise grips or a tap wrench to hold the reamer though. . .

Reamer speeds/feeds chart

Drill/Ream speed/feed calculator

DSC_0015.jpg