• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chambering blank for Tikka.

Dildobaggins

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2020
    Hey everyone,

I have a Tikka t3 in 7mm rem mag. Looking to turn it into a 300 SAUM. No one around me offers barrel chambering. Tried searching the forums but didn't find much. Getting a Wilson barrel blank soon, looking for someone who can give me a price to chamber, thread and crown/muzzle brake threads. Any suggestions on who I could reach out to?
    This would be the first time I've done anything like this, so, sorry if this is a stupid question.
    Thanks

Good luck pulling the barrel. If you have a barrel vice and action wrench, you are golden. If not, it will be painful.

Often people cut the original barrel off by parting blade on a lathe. Just make a small notch barely infront of the shoulder, making sure to not touch the receiver face. Once you get in 2.5 / 3mm deep, the action spins right off.

Yeah, i've read plenty of people's frustrations trying to take the barrel off. I have a plethora of gun smiths around me that will take the barrel off for cheap, just none that will chamber barrels.

When you say blank make sure its a profiled blank that will save you some time nd money . I see companies offer prefits for tikka rifles .

When you say blank make sure its a profiled blank that will save you some time nd money . I see companies offer prefits for tikka rifles .
    Yep the one I'm getting is a heavy varmint with flutes. Could do without the flutes but, oh well. I have looked. The only two I have found that would do a 300 SAUM from what I've found are McGowan, and preferred barrels. They are both like a 12 week wait. Called hart barrels as well, because I'm in Upstate NY, and they said 11 months.