• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Chambering question

GreyWolf36

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 21, 2002
    Kansas, Oklahoma
    Gents,
    Thinking about a 7mm-300WSM anybody got any hands on experience with this type of set up? What type of reamer will I need to get from PTG finish or solid?

Re: Chambering question

If your rifle smith doesn't have one they will be able to tell you what to order from PTG. Many smiths will split the cost with you if they keep the reamer.

There is places that rent reamers as well. Not to take you off track but the saum in my opinion is a better case. Just get a long throat in it for the heavies and it will work just as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GreyWolf36</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gents,
    Thinking about a 7mm-300WSM anybody got any hands on experience with this type of set up? What type of reamer will I need to get from PTG finish or solid? </div></div>

I've been shooting one for a little over a year now. Very good cartridge when loaded with 180 Bergers. Build it on a long action though. Dave @ PTG has my reamer print. The throat was ground for 168/180 Bergers in a long action and has a .318" No turn Nk.

Heres a pic of the reamer print thats on my WWW

wmgl7l.jpg