• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chambers

Hattrick

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2014
What runs best in a Eachus Chamber ? Just wondering if this chamber needs a certain brand of ammo to run.

Paging @padom

I know he's done a fair bit of .22 ammo testing involving the Eachus chamber, I'm sure he can provide some insights. Like a lot of .22's I think what shoots best is going to depend on the barrel itself and the lot but it'd probably pay to stick with known quantities like Lapua and SK.

Reactions: King_beardsly
Paging @padom

I know he's done a fair bit of .22 ammo testing involving the Eachus chamber, I'm sure he can provide some insights. Like a lot of .22's I think what shoots best is going to depend on the barrel itself and the lot but it'd probably pay to stick with known quantities like Lapua and SK.
I believe the Eachus chamber is the one padom designed and keystone is the only shop with the actual reamer or access to the print.

When I had my barrel with the Eachus chamber I tried Eley Match, Team, Contact, Tenex. RWS, Wolf, Lapua Center X, X-Act, Pistol King. SK pretty much all of them. My barrel definitely favored Lapua and SK.

Reactions: King_beardsly
Thanks for the input. Keystone is doing the work, I was following Padom testing I didnt recall him running any Eley, I know certain chambers are cut specific for certain brands. I just happen to have a case of Eley sitting around and hoping to shoot it. looks like drglock ran some thru his so that answer's my question. Thanks

I know the eachus aka padom chamber was tailored for the SK/Lapua stuff but seemed to work good across the board