• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chamfer case mouths when they are not trimmed?

If it is previously trimmed and chamfered, I would say it was not necessary unless necks have been dinged and dented from ejection and/or hitting the ground.

If it is first firing of factory ammo with a factory crimp, I would absolutely yes, trim and chamfer.

Paul

...to make easier, therefore hopingly straighter, the bullet insertion, being that even not-trimmed brass could have rough-shaped or irregular edges, in my opinion_ I'm admitting that OCD it's never healing,of course_

...to make easier, therefore hopingly straighter, the bullet insertion, being that even not-trimmed brass could have rough-shaped or irregular edges, in my opinion_ I'm admitting that OCD it's never healing,of course_

I do the same. Not necessary to chamfer every single time (always after trimming, of course), but I too find that projectiles seat smoother on that slight bevel vs. a squared edge. Or maybe it's my OCD :p