• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Chance to buy P.O.F. P-415 Recon .223?????

drakeky

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2008
Elk Horn, KY
Hey guys.. I have a chance to pick up a P.O.F. P-415 at a good price that was bought by a buddy. The rifle has never been fired and is as new. It is the P-415 Recon with the 12SX upper rail system and a 16.5" barrel. I have a lot of guns and several AR's, but just dont much about the P.O.F. rifles. I am mainly just going to shoot it at the range a bit and maybe hunt coyotes with it some. Mainly playing but would probaly reload some for it and work up a good load for it since I like reloading. Are these good rifles I guess is my question? Looks sweet and solid built.

Re: Chance to buy P.O.F. P-415 Recon .223?????

They are outstanding rifles. Period. My personal fav.

But you really didnt need to start a new thread for this. There are tons of reviews on this site and on the web. More reading then you could do in a few days. Google it and use the search function.

^^ WHAT KNIGHT SAID!! ^^

If you want it and you can afford it...buy it!! They are excellent rifles...you won't be sorry.

I have searched and read lots on here. Also in google. Just wanted some extra insurance before I pull the trigger. I can buy the rifle for a heck of a deal really. Just need a little extra encouragement before buying.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drakeky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys.. I have a chance to pick up a P.O.F. P-415 at a good price that was bought by a buddy. The rifle has never been fired and is as new. It is the P-415 Recon with the 12SX upper rail system and a 16.5" barrel. I have a lot of guns and several AR's, but just dont much about the P.O.F. rifles. I am mainly just going to shoot it at the range a bit and maybe hunt coyotes with it some. Mainly playing but would probaly reload some for it and work up a good load for it since I like reloading. Are these good rifles I guess is my question? Looks sweet and solid built. </div></div>

Go for it. I own the 18" POF SPR and it is one of my favorite rifles. You can't go wrong w/POF, quality rifles and great customer service too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drakeky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have searched and read lots on here. Also in google. Just wanted some extra insurance before I pull the trigger. I can buy the rifle for a heck of a deal really. Just need a little extra encouragement before buying.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Are you convinced yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJPLEO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Go for it. I own the 18" POF SPR and it is one of my favorite rifles. You can't go wrong w/POF, quality rifles and great customer service too. </div></div>

Frank, the guy who runs the joint, is also a nice guy. Hes down to earth, loyal to the people who have been with him a long time, and committed to making products that just work, and solving the problems they find along the way, instead of engineering "around" the harder task of identifying and fixing whatever the issue is.

Its one of the reasons I really have a huge amount of respect for POF. They are one of the few firms taking the time to innovate beyond simply saying "gee we could make this piece and this piece one solid part on our high dollar CNC and call that innovation". Example, the gas buffer in part of the piston system. Its not just made on a new CNC and called a new design, it really has been improved with a buffering system that modifies how the gas pressure is accepted and thus ensures reliable operation, and setup with some adjust-ability to support end users in the field who need to be able to use suppressors with thier rifle, etc.

Experienced some problems with early offerings where with the old gas plug and buffer systems you could put the assembly back in the rifle in a way it was not intended. Faced with option 1 of calling it user error and continuing to print money and not really "fix" it, or option 2, redesign the part, they built a product that is even more mature, no more potential problem.

Add to that, the detail in choosing the operating parts to chrome and/or NP3 for optimal reliability, its a great platform.

I have 2 POF rifles and I must say they are both very well built and very reliable. Both of mine have been very accurate and they run very clean until I put a suppressor on them. I would say go for it.

I have been using POF rifles for the past 6 years both on and off the job (LE). I also shoot 3 gun matches using POF 223's and 308's. Currently I use a 7" POF 223 on a M16 lower at work. You wont be disappointed.

Thanks guys.. Bought it today.. Now to the range tomorrow. And trying to pick out an optic for it.

So now that you bought it and it is out of reach for anyone to jump in an steal the deal (
wink.gif
), what did you give for it?

The rifle is still unfired with hard case and some Magpul flip up front and rear sights. It is the POF Recon with 16" barrel and 12X predator rail system. Came with 3 mags and POF paperwork. I gave $1200. Guy got laid off and needed to sell it. I am taking it to shoot tomorrow. I love the feel of the rifle. Pretty sweet.

WOW!!! That's a freaking STEAL OF A DEAL!!! Nice pickup, drakeky.

I hope that since it was a "need money because I got no job" situation that you have a buy-back agreement with your buddy (i.e. - when your buddy gets back on his feet, he can "buy it back" for the money you paid for it if he wants it). I have done this in the past...its like interest-free loans among good friends!

Congrats again on the rifle and be sure to post your thoughts/impressions once you have a chance to warm her up tomorrow. I am betting you'll be VERY pleased!

I called him a buddy in the post but I really dont guess he is a buddy as I dont really know the guy. Just know who he is and have heard of him before. A buddy called me with this guys information saying he had called him about a POF that he was selling. My buddy didnt have the money to make the purchase so he passed it along to me. The guy that bought the rifle has a reputation of buying things up and selling them for nothing. He has done this with guns numerous times I have heard of but I have never been on the buying end of a deal. Dont think he really needed the money, from what I hear he has tons of money. But he priced it and I bought it.

Thats is an awesome deal for an upper, let alone a whole rifle.

-dan

I will post up some pics when I get it up and running. Gotta get some optics now.

Gah!

I'm looking to buy my first AR and of course I somehow found the POF website. I really want a POF but man, $1845 is as cheap as I can find one in .223

You sure you don't want to sell that to a new AR brother to get him started out right?
grin.gif