• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Change in the NRA..

Hookturnr

Low Speed, High Drag
Minuteman
  • Jan 20, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA ish..
    I don't know if this guy is the answer or even a step in the right direction, but I think he's getting my vote.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/02/kevin-hogan-for-2019-nra-board-of-directors/#ixzz5gyitvzpl
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Kevin Hogan for 2019 NRA Board of Directors
    USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- Dear Voting NRA Members,
    It is my pleasure and honor to run for a spot on the NRA Board of Directors, and believe I am in a very unique position to do so. It’s no secret that it’s difficult for first-time nominees to get a “seat at the table,” but in a lot of ways it is imperative that it happens.
    As president of Rock Island Auction Company, I have deep respect for American history. Our nation’s independence was forged with white-knuckled fists clenched around a firearm. Our industrial might was founded on America’s groundbreaking system of manufacturing interchangeable parts, which we owe in large part to the firearms industry.
    At Rock Island Auction we handle, market, and sell antique and collectable firearms. In 2018 alone we handled 40,000 firearms – everything from the common Glock 21 to national treasures like the Springfield Armory M1 Garand serial number 1,000,000, which was presented to inventor John C. Garand, and everything in between. I know gun collectors, and they are a surprisingly diverse group. Young or old, wealthy or not, with interests ranging from hunting to the traditional shooting sports. Many are incredibly smart history buffs, others have their sights set on the future. But they all are equally passionate about firearms, our history and its preservation.
    The best part of my job is introducing new people to the firearms world, especially young people. At the very core of my motivation to be elected to the NRA board is to do just that – introduce young women and men to the organization in a meaningful way. The “under 40” crowd interacts with the world differently than others. They consume news, sports, and entertainment at a fast clip, which shapes their perspective and their communication style, but it leaves them aching for purpose and community. It’s no secret that the future of our country, and of hunting, shooting and gun collecting, lies squarely at their feet. We cannot let entire generations slip through the cracks. Instead, as I seek to become the youngest member of the NRA Board of Directors, it’s my intention to use my “seat at the table” to embrace today’s youth and young adults. Like it or not, they will be the decision makers soon. It’s critical that the NRA remains a beloved organization in their eyes.
    As we say in business, “If you aren’t growing you’re dying.” Friends and colleagues, dying is not an option for the Second Amendment.
    I am a proud citizen of the great state of Illinois. It is predominately rural and blue collar, and home to our family business. For many years, Illinois was considered part of the western frontier, and began to thrive as railroads and manufacturing came to the region, along with the famous Chicago stockyards. Now, Chicago gains its notoriety for unflattering and uncivil reasons, and our rural lands once steeped in the traditions of hunting, farming and firearm ownership is under siege. As a family firearms business, Rock Island Auction Company will remain in Illinois as long as it is sustainable, but we have to fight the morally corrupt Chicago political elite every single day. It is my job to keep an ear to the ground for pending firearms legislation, and then do my best to fight it. It is also my life, and the livelihood of my family. Additionally, I put my money where my mouth is, having contributed $3,000,000 for NRA-ILA, helping raise $1,200,000 on top of that through the Rock Island Auction Freedom Challenge to support critical election efforts in 2016.

But so what, right? What makes me better than other candidates?
    My livelihood depends on the continued ability to buy and sell guns. This past weekend alone we sold 10,000 guns in four days. I have skin in this game, and I also happen to love it.
    I spearheaded the RIA Freedom Challenge – a viral grassroots campaign to raise funds for the NRA Institute for Legislative Action. I personally matched $1 million dollars and the campaign netted nearly $2.1 million. This effort earned me a spot in the NRA’s Golden Ring of Freedom.
    Defending our rights isn’t enough. We need to take the fight to those who will take our rights. I support the legalization of suppressors in all 50 states. I support the right to own machine guns. I support Constitutional Carry. We have been on defense for too long. It’s about more than simply enjoying a hobby and defending our families and our freedom.
    It’s not just lip service. I am involved in numerous collecting, hunting, and pro-Second Amendment organizations. Here are a few:
    • Life Member of the NRA
    • NRA Golden Ring of Freedom
    • NRA Hunters’ Leadership Forum President’s Founders Club
    • Life Member of the Dallas Safari Club
    • Life Member of Safari Club International
    • Life Member of Smith & Wesson Collectors Association
    • Life Member of the Colt Collectors Association
    • Life Member of the Texas Gun Collectors Association
    • International Order of St. Hubertus.
    • Illinois State Rifle Association
    • California Rifle and Pistol Association
    • Texas State Rifle Association
    • Pennsylvania Rifle and Pistol Association
    • Hunter’s Legacy Fund of SCI
    This is my life. I will fight for your firearm freedom tooth and nail. I am young enough to successfully engage a brand new generation of NRA members. They are my peers. My business relies on the ability of law-abiding Americans to keep and bear arms. There has rarely been a nominee with my qualifications, and I hope this letter earns your consideration and your vote.
    Very Respectfully,
    Kevin Hogan

RIA also sponsors most or all of those firearm shows on Amazon Prime. You can search for them, there's a whole bunch and they're pretty informative and interesting if you're a gun nut and like history. But there's a guy very knowledgeable on them and he goes over in detail lots of historic firearms of all kinds, I can't recall his name offhand. They auction all sorts of shit though in all conditions and all periods of all types including NFA shit.

I suspect this guy would live, eat and sleep firearms. And his business depends on it. Maybe he could turn it back into an organization supporting the 2A and less of just another political front for the republicon party.

I want results or GTFO. That's how I'm voting this shit anymore. Bottom line.

Been with the NRA for the last 7-8 years myself. Haven't seen shit for the money I've spent personally, but I suppose if I thought it worthless I wouldn't contribute at all.

Okay. Fuck the nra they sell out gun owners and the constitution to curry favor with despots.

Now for the positive part.

The NRA has shown who they really are with the bump stock ban. Donate to GOA or NAGR and other fighters for your rights. Not the NRA.

They must learn selling out has consequences.

I hope this post makes you " feel" better VP47ppc.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

I'm not happy with the NRA's recent performance on some things, but I'm not ready to"throw the baby out with the bathwater" just yet.
    If we can vote in some more hard line 2A folks to the board, perhaps we can change the direction of the organization.
    All of the other groups together don't add up to the noteriety and political clout of the NRA. No Dem's are calling GOA or NAGR the evil enemy.
    We have a choice in the process. If you want the organization to change, vote in folks willing to drive that change. If you don't vote, don't bitch.

yup, they are all evil muther fuckers, they are the enemy of our Constitution, they hold us in contempt,,,, I fucking hate every one of them,,,,

The NRA is just like the GOP-they will use the “BUT THE DEMOCRATS!!” argument to fundraise billions of $$ and to stay in power, but in reality they despise you and your views.

Reactions: Bender
    Once again (see my post in Maggies) some people like to hear themselves bitch about the NRA Oh please find a organization that satisfies your needs go there and be Happy and after that come back and tell us all about it. There's a lot of great organizations out there find one support it! Demonstrate that they have what it takes. Who has filed more lawsuits in support for 2nd amendment who has more people working with legislators who has done more to further training and education ? Simple questions. When you come up with the answers feel free to let me know I'm all ears. Yes the NRA Maybe not perfect they are like the United States of America find me a better one?

Reactions: VP47PPC and jrassy
    That has supported more corrosive legislation impacting the 2A than any other so called 2A tax exempt group? Get the fuck outta here you ole Fudd fucker with your slavish denial of facts, the NRA sold out just like the goddam GOP, stop with your delusional bullshit,,, you sound like AOC

Once again (see my post in Maggies) some people like to hear themselves bitch about the NRA Oh please find a organization that satisfies your needs go there and be Happy and after that come back and tell us all about it. There's a lot of great organizations out there find one support it! Demonstrate that they have what it takes. Who has filed more lawsuits in support for 2nd amendment who has more people working with legislators who has done more to further training and education ? Simple questions. When you come up with the answers feel free to let me know I'm all ears. Yes the NRA Maybe not perfect they are like the United States of America find me a better one?

The GOP works to defeat true constitutional conservatives more earnestly that democrats. They don’t hate Trump as much as they hate YOU/US, the ones that elected him. Don’t ever forget that. Virginia governorship is perfect example, all of this blackface / sex scandal bullshit was out there for anybody to find, but GOP spent their time doing opposition research on conservative candidate in primary because YOU/WE are their enemy.

I hate these two faced muther fukers... we need the goddam Tea Party,,, I am working to primary Kornyn next year here in texas ,,, he is a Bushy Leftist Dem Rino muther fucker...

The GOP works to defeat true constitutional conservatives more earnestly that democrats. They don’t hate Trump as much as they hate YOU/US, the ones that elected him. Don’t ever forget that. Virginia governorship is perfect example, all of this blackface / sex scandal bullshit was out there for anybody to find, but GOP spent their time doing opposition research on conservative candidate in primary because YOU/WE are their enemy.

You know what the sad thing about the NRA is, they had more BALL's an got more done, when their President was from Florida an Had TIT'S.

Oh look another thread about the NRA where people virtue-signal how much better a defender of freedom and gun rights they are than the NRA.

BORING.

Reactions: jrassy and Zeroit
    FUDDS Triggered,,,

If you think they are doing good I hate to see what a sell out losing organization would look like...Fuck them

I could be wrong there Fuddster, explain the facts to us,,, me.

Oh look another thread about the NRA where people virtue-signal how much better a defender of freedom and gun rights they are than the NRA.

BORING.

And in the current political arena the NRA is the biggest target for the anti-gun crowd. No other organization has to endure.

Reactions: jrassy
    And in the current political arena the NRA is the biggest target for the anti-gun crowd. No other organization has to endure.
    Yes they are because, they allowed that to happen. Instead of getting ahead they seem to want to led from behind. Very much like Wag the Dog. You best defense is always a strong offense. However if your just show an no go, wagging the dog plays well for the room temp IQ types, that blindly send checks.

Reactions: MCSO1357
    FUDDS Triggered,,,

If you think they are doing good I hate to see what a sell out losing organization would look like...Fuck them

I could be wrong there Fuddster, explain the facts to us,,, me.
    Well you are wrong! I have already explained that multiple times. If you don't like them that is your right. Feel free to turn in your membership card if you actually have one. Have you actually VOTED for anyone? Have you talked to anyone from the NRA. Or even bothered to. What have you done to Help? I suppose you would like it if the NRA disbanded? Would that make you feel better?

i dont think we would notice if they disbanded,,, perhaps the resources they waste would be better deployed by the other 2a organizations that want to win every battle,,, like the enemy does..

you have not presented any facts...

willing to listen and change mind

Reactions: gigamortis
    I'm more than willing to support any organization that stands up for the 2nd. Yes we lost the bumpstock battle. Wasn't happy about that not that I personally wouldn't have one but it does erode the 2nd incrementally that is what the opposition wants. Don't blame the NRA for that. They have done more for the 2nd than any. If I thought that the NRA was the enemy I would bail in a nanosecond. Not sure what proof one would need to support NRA or any other organization? They have demonstrated to me personally for well over a half century that they do what it was founded for. All they can do is give their best we can only hope.

I am lloking back over my life and have not seen them defend anything successfully,,,, they actually joined the oter side on bumpstcks,,, you are new here, I must say you are not talking to unreasonable people, but you must understand we understand inside baseball and how these people collude to fuck us over and attack the Constitution.... I've wasted a lot of money over the years, card expires next month, I will let it go,,, I am parting ways with the NRA forever... my funds will go to the other two organizations and the Tea Party...

Reactions: Bender
    As insiders of the gun community, we are well aware that the NRA has responded by swinging twigs at the clubs and poles wielded by the statists, especially in the recent years...

But, do we realize that in popular culture, especially in leftist circles, the NRA is still the boogeyman for the antis? Most gun control supporting leftist media outlets, entertainment figures and talking heads still speak of the NRA with fear and awe, always mentioning about their "overreaching power and monetary influence" as well as their "fanatical members". Mention the NRA to a leftist and they will immediately become super uncomfortable. The point is, this organization is not mocked, ridiculed or dismissed by it's foes. It is respected, feared and loathed at the same time.

How do I know? I work and commute in leftist centers of power and is constantly exposed to their news media and editorials. They hate guns. They hate the NRA far more. As a matter of fact, they talk about the organization as if it is some kind of Skynet-type entity ready to unleash terminators at the slightest provocation.

I understand the points given by both sides of the debate in this thread. However, who recognizes the importance of taking advantage of the NRA's continued status as a feared and respected organization amongst the statists and still rally around that name so our collective strength and manpower does not become divided?

What we really need to focus on now is trying to get more individuals into the leadership of the NRA who are not hesitant to stand their ground and do not back down easily from a fight. We need more figures like Charlton Heston.

I remember when a lot of people in the gun community had been calling Wayne LaPierre a "spineless coward" and other names. Do you know that while this was going on, the leftists had been seeing him as some ultra fanatical paramilitary-type figure who may even urge the NRA membership to take up arms in case there was an AWB? These same people view Charlton Heston as El Cid and would not even dare shit talk him lest he reappears on Earth as a vengeful spirit and hunts them down.

THIS is the reputation that the NRA still carries in this society, especially among the ranks of those who want to take away our freedoms. If you REALLY want my two cents on this, I would say that it is a better alternative to remain in the glare of this bonfire than wander off into the uncertain night in search of other bonfires which may be far away or nonexistent. At the same time, we need to add more fuel to this fire and build it up into something big enough and casting off enough light to give us better security, and that is going to take some work.

I hear ya but I lost trust in them and do view them as playing us and milking us for all they can,,, we can part ways,,, ill support other organizations... The Bump Stock sell out is being used as a fear tactic to raise funds,,, its a symbiotic relation between our enemies and our pretend supporters,,,, I'll send my money t the groups that actually fight for us,,,, if the NRA changes their ways I am open to a list of arguments showing they have regained trust...

[QUOTE="Hookturnr, post: 7577519, member: ] No Dem's are calling GOA or NAGR the evil enemy.
    [/QUOTE]

The NRA is just the most known head of the 3 headed snake to the dems. Make no mistake, when they say that NRA members are terrorists, they actually mean gun owners. GOA, NAGR, or no member at all. The NRA is used for name recognition only. There is no need to put the NRA on a pedestal to be our honorable voice for gun rights.

They (NRA) are masters of pointing at boogiemen with one hand, and holding the other out while asking for money.

It’s EXACTLY the same tactic that the left uses, pointing their finger at us, with one hand while holding out the other hand asking for votes.

Which is EXACTLY The same tactic that communists, and the Nazis used. They point their finger at their favorite enemy with one hand, while holding out the other asking for power.

I’m with AJ on this. You all are being played.

I hear ya but I lost trust in them and do view them as playing us and milking us for all they can,,, we can part ways,,, ill support other organizations... The Bump Stock sell out is being used as a fear tactic to raise funds,,, its a symbiotic relation between our enemies and our pretend supporters,,,, I'll send my money t the groups that actually fight for us,,,, if the NRA changes their ways I am open to a list of arguments showing they have regained trust...

Perhaps they are getting the message from it's give or take 4 million members and will begin taking a more hardline approach to dealing with the threats that the 2nd Amendment is facing. They have a lot to learn from the WA State sheriffs.

I have been a member since 2004. Had considered a Life Membership several times but decided against it. Trust me, there were times when I felt that they were not only becoming soft on us but cuddling up a little too affectionately with the statists. Thus there were several years which I withdrew from the organization. I joined again for the last 2 years, especially after seeing how the ownership of semiautomatic rifles are literally going to be legislated into extinction if we don't start doing something.

fuck the nra
    What is another organization that has a strong lobbyists program for pro 2A?

What your realistic solution?

Ya, I get it that the NRA needs change, but what sence does it make to fuck the only one that has any voice in the Lobbyists world???

Smoking more pot and storing more ammo, isn’t the realists or realistic answer.

Maybe get more guys like Adam Kraut from legal defense finally elected, then more like him.

Last edited:
    So, in a soon to be ignored REALITY CHECK, the organizations that report political donations have reported democratic entities spent much more than republican entities, on political advertising, etc, and have stated this democratic spending led to democratic gains in winning offices. A number of pundits and blah blah attributed the wins to the spending.
    In GA, in the fat pig race, the pundits credited massive democratic spending to her almost winning the governor's race. A number of outside agitators and spenders came to GA to try to put the pig in office, and there were numerous comments on here about the unfairness of outsiders sticking their nose in political races that the local people should decide... so...

Since the NRA has been the biggest political PAC to spend on pro gun candidates, and has been flayed in the national news about this.....
    And the democratic mouthpieces brayed so loudly about outspending the NRA and "we took the house back ".....

Just how much of the NRA funding drop contributed to their win......

Are the NRA members and contributors failing to meet funding levels and PAC contributions to pro 2A candidates going to create more democratic wins against 2a as the bloomburgers and shit dump $ against 2a...

Is the "fuck the NRA" by our peers here contributing to democratic spending levels and their wins......

Has the NRA really been that effective in the past, and if dropped, will we ever see an organization with the ability to raise funds and compete with bloomburgers...

Fuck the NRA might just be a shot in the foot.... history will tell, and the winners write the history...

And the democratic win in the house should be a wake up call.......

Is the NRA PAC spending worth supporting to help elect pro 2a candidates (countering bloomburger type $)..
    Versus "the NRA stand on issues"
    Versus "the NRA filing suits"

Which is the most effective spending of your donated funds compared to the other two organizations.

Who here can present REAL evidence...

Last edited:
    But there is little to no difference to the GOP or the DEms, the GOP didn't do shot to expand the 2a and the dems will do what dems do anyway,, the repubs wont stop them.... yep Fck the GOP, the NRA and the DEMs, its a never ending financing loop,,,,, LGOWI,,, I will be the winner,, might be dead but my side will win...

Last edited:
    The NRA has become the equivalent of Joel Osteen or any other fake tv religious zealot . If you pledge know we will pray that they don't serve a no knock warrant , kill you and your family and steal everything in your house of value including your guns .
    Sorry motherfuckers are backing red flag laws . That is what your money is being used for , to back door your IIA Rights . But if you act now we will send you a fitty cent pocket knife for your membership . There is no Board of NRA members . There is only Wayne LaPiere who would slaughter his own effin kids for a fuckin penny . He is Harry Reid with dyed hair . I am an NRA member due to one of my gun clubs/ranges. . That's the only reason I am a member . Their silence in Pa. , NJ. , Virginia and Wahington is defeaning . I wonder where LaPiere figures into the Commies new world . Or do they just kill him because he has served his purpose .
    What a desperate , sad , lonely moment that will be for him .

There is no practical need for the NRA. Either we believe in our 2A rights, handed to us by God and enshrined in the Constitution as law, or we don't. IF we do, then who fucking cares what laws are enacted?? Who among us are going to hand our guns over because a law at the local/state/fed level demands it?? Save your money, buy more guns/ammo and DO NOT COMPLY. Make them come and take them, or are we just fond of MOLON LABE type quotes and bumper stickers? Man the fuck up and quit all the pearl clutching already..