• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Changes at Midway?

BWYoda

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2009
NC/Baghdad
Am I going crazy here fellas or does Midway USA seem to have cut back dramatically on it's gun parts?

Re: Changes at Midway?

As of this morning, they show 32,513 parts in their Gunsmithing & Gun Parts category:

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?dimensionids=13946&cm_vc=649PopCat

Now, their availability often sucks, but that has been the case for the past several years and is certainly not a problem that is exclusive to Midway.

You're going to need to be more specific - is there something you have found that used to be available, but no longer is listed in their catalog?

Go to gun parts by make and model. They now have exactly 12 receiver assemblies for AR10/308 variants - and those are assembled receivers - good luck finding a stripped one. WTF?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BWYoda</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go to gun parts by make and model. They now have exactly 12 receiver assemblies for AR10/308 variants - and those are assembled receivers - good luck finding a stripped one. WTF? </div></div>
Try finding them anywhere...Current demand is HUGE>>

Yeah - wonder why LOL! However, I would have thought they'd just be listed as back-ordered or out of stock. The fact is that they are just not shown on the site any more which would imply to me that they've stopped carrying them.

MidwayUSA, in my experience, has never been a great source for stripped AR receivers regardless of platform. While they have a sizable variety of other AR parts/accessories, I wouldn't start looking there if I was in need of a receiver.

If you post up exactly what you are in need of, I or others here can probably point you in the right direction for parts, but as has already been said...finding major components/receivers in stock and ready to roll right now isn't going to be an easy task depending on what you need.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BWYoda</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go to gun parts by make and model. They now have exactly 12 receiver assemblies for AR10/308 variants - and those are assembled receivers - good luck finding a stripped one. WTF? </div></div>

For some reason they've listed them under "other parts" wtf?

LR-308 stripped upper

I was just looking for the Remington receivers and they aren't there either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Layton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just looking for the Remington receivers and they aren't there either. </div></div>

+1

I don't remember Midway carrying Remington receivers as a regularly-stocked item.

I thought they did but I may be wrong as I hadn't looked in some time.

Check on gunbroker for the ar parts. Several retailers run their stuff there. Bet you can find either the parts or assembled pieces you need.

According to midway when I called them for lever gun parts they are no longer selling lowers, 1911 frames, or anything else requiring an ffl after current stock is gone.