• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Changes to Canada gun laws, effective May 18, 2022

cheeko

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2021
Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-saf...-better-regulate-non-restricted-firearms.html
Highlight:
Effective May 18, 2022, individuals and businesses transferring or selling a non-restricted firearm will need to confirm the recipient’s identity and check the validity of their firearms licence with the Registrar of Firearms prior to completing the transfer, including by providing the recipient’s licence number and any other information requested. The new rule will help prevent people who are not allowed to have a firearm from getting one.
Firearms businesses will also be required to retain sales and inventory records related to non-restricted firearms, as was the case until 2005. This will make it easier for law enforcement to trace crime guns. The records will be held by businesses — not government — and the police will need reasonable grounds to get access to them, often with judicial authorization.

It’s a registry. My guess is that the information the RCMP collect in order to issue a reference # will be the registration input. The goal of termination of civilian firearms ownership. Only one reason that is important to the government.

Reactions: cheeko and Maxwell
Didn’t they already try this and found it was too costly and damn near impossible to keep up with? Seems like I remember that and they got rid of it as a result! Ridiculous.

Reactions: cheeko
Didn’t they already try this and found it was too costly and damn near impossible to keep up with? Seems like I remember that and they got rid of it as a result! Ridiculous.
I think the obsessive reaching for control is driven by being desperate. I expect that with a full economic meltdown, many areas and possible paper crimes will become “no go zones” for law enforcement. They live among the people they serve so eventually the smart ones will deal with drunks, murderers and such while turning a blind eye to the bullshit stuff.

Don't want no more challenges to the power of the Trudeau's.

Reactions: cheeko
Don't want no more challenges to the power of the Trudeau's.
They keep pushing and they gonna have more than a mere challenge. They should study history. You don’t need guns to cause problems. In fact some of the worst acts humans have ever done were without the use of a gun. The people’s voices will be heard, one way or another, at some point. Anyone that thinks otherwise is naive.

You don’t need guns to cause problems

040225_mcveigh_hlg9a.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette