• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Changing Address within the state while waiting for a suppressor stamp

Mr. F

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2011
So i might go down to TNT guns in Utah later this evening to get a 9mm can (First one) and i was wondering how would changing my address within the state of UT affect the process?

I might move on Sept 2020 from northern UT to southern UT and this could very well happen mid wait. How would thing affect the process, extent the wait?

Change address, refile.
Leave the address the same, correct when you pick it up.

So that means that if i leave the address the same i have to reset the wait when i pick the can up?

Call and talk to your FFL. There is really no 'simple' way about it unfortunately. Moving to a different state will require you to start the filing process all over again. Moving within the state is usually not so severe, however I have seen cases where paper work when back to the bottom of the queue and started over. Better to ask your FFL than risk bad advice on the internet though.

It happened during buying my second can, my dealer said do nothing or it could take longer. The stamp will get shipped to the dealer and you can do an address change after the fact.

It happened during buying my second can, my dealer said do nothing or it could take longer. The stamp will get shipped to the dealer and you can do an address change after the fact.

How long did the address change took after the stamp arrived at your dealer?

How long did the address change took after the stamp arrived at your dealer?
My dealer did it when I picked up the can and I believe it just involved sending it to the AFT. He said I was all set and obviously let with can and stamp.