• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Changing an Unusual Watch Band

Hairball

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2013
    SoCal
    I was not sure where to put this so here goes nothing. I have a few of these watches (Citizen BJ8040-01E) and I need to put a new band on one of them. Problem is, the band appears to be connected “inside” the watch as the band is flush with the body and no pins are visible. Does anyone out there have one of these that have changed a band before to give me an idea before I make a drive over to Torrance to the Citizen facility and pay out the ass to get it fixed? I attached a photo of the watch. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• BJ8040-01E.jpg
      BJ8040-01E.jpg
      78.8 KB · Views: 7
    Thanks for the link. I thought about taking those four screws out but I was not sure if I had to unscrew the backing first or if it came off as a separate piece. I looked for a vid but I guess I didn't look hard enough, thanks again