• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Changing combo on AMSEC safe

timelinex

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2011
    Scottsdale,Az
    I have an AMSEC safe with mechanical dial. I've changed the code on my s&g dial (6730) before and have a change key (U8) for it. Does anyone know if it is the same change key for AMSEC safes and if I could follow the same processes? Or is it different?

Last edited:
    I dug up the change key for my Amsec locks. It doesn’t have any markings on it so I don’t know what number it is. It’s been years since I changed the combination and I don’t recall the procedure.
    1622637294466.jpeg

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    What lock is on the amsec?

Why not call/email amsec for procedure?

I got a Securam dual style on my AMSEC. The "combo key" looks just like the one above if I recall correctly. My dealer would have put just about any lock I wanted.

I dug up the change key for my Amsec locks. It doesn’t have any markings on it so I don’t know what number it is. It’s been years since I changed the combination and I don’t recall the procedure.View attachment 7638612
    Thats the key I have, Thanks!! I went ahead and opened up the door and used the key and was able to change the lock. Thanks again!

Last edited:
    The procedure is out there. No real need for a locksmith. That's why I got my key from the dealer. Tried to get me with the whole...need a locksmith. Nah....Not really and I need the key so I can set my combo numbers. They mailed me the key. Get to the back of the mechanism, set the new numbers, it's easy to do.

The procedure is out there. No real need for a locksmith. That's why I got my key from the dealer. Tried to get me with the whole...need a locksmith. Nah....Not really and I need the key so I can set my combo numbers. They mailed me the key. Get to the back of the mechanism, set the new numbers, it's easy to do

I changed two combinations with the key I have. I found the procedure online.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    Your key looks/is shaped just like mine for the SecuRam lock that was used on my AmSec.

Reactions: KML7201