• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Changing firing pin spring on curtis custom action

NFshooter150

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2022
Idaho
Hey can someone help me out here? How do I change the spring on this? I released it which I know how to get back but I'm just trying to figure out what's next. Thanks in advance
20220823_191959.jpg

I dont have one but if it doesnt have a quick remove baronet (usually you twist it the opposite way you did) then you just need to pull back on the firing pin to clear it from its ramped channel its in now and twist it off.

I dont have one but if it doesnt have a quick remove baronet (usually you twist it the opposite way you did) then you just need to pull back on the firing pin to clear it from its ramped channel its in now and twist it off.
Ya so this one ya normally you twist it to the right and the whole assembly comes out.. so then from there would you just unscrew the allen and it all comes apart? That's what I'm not sure of

And sorry so ya this one does have the quick remove baronet like you are talking about

If you re cock the fireing pin and twist clockwise the fireing pin assembly will come out. From there you slightly compress the assembly to take pressure off the allen if you don't you will launch the fireing pin when you remove the allen. Remove the allen and replace the spring

If you re cock the fireing pin and twist clockwise the fireing pin assembly will come out. From there you slightly compress the assembly to take pressure off the allen if you don't you will launch the fireing pin when you remove the allen. Remove the allen and replace the spring
Ok cool thank you! That's what I was curious about. If it needed to be compressed or not. Do they make a tool to compress it or should I just maybe use a vise or something

I used a ball joint tool with a washer on mine only because I had one and it made sense to me

So I might have done this wrong but in the decocked position like it is shown I unscrewed the allen pin and took it out and then you can slide the locking piece up and rotate it off.. (using pressure against the spring) it all comes apart.. now putting it back together the hardest part is lining up the firing pin with the pinhole to capture it

That way never occurred to me seems like a better way

Ya once I figured out where the hole in the firing pin needs to be it was easy you do have to make sure it's back in the decocked position or it won't capture the firing pin but ya not bad. Thanks for all the help guys!

Sorry, I'm new here and just read this. I have the same bolt, but mine sticks a little, but I did find the video to show you how to fix this. By now I hope you have already done so, but for those who need it:

Ya that video is more for just resetting it if you go past the set point.. I was asking for help on actually changing the spring. I ended up later on though needing curtis to send me a whole new fire control system because my retainer pin sheered off to where you couldn't take it apart.