• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Changing Rem 700 Trigger question

dbltap45acp

Old Fat Guy
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2006
Casper, Wy
Quick question for everyone. I picked up a custom built Rem 700 off the board as few years back. Recently the CMC drop in trigger started having issues and needs to be replaced, CMC is in the process of redesigning it so they are going to refund me instead of replacing it. I ordered a couple Timney triggers, one for a B14R that’s arriving today and one for the Rem 700.

Question is this, the CMC doesn’t use that spring and bolt release, it’s all in one type setup. So I can’t install the Timney till I have those two pieces. Where’s is the best place to order them and what are the proper part names? Bolt release spring and bolt release lever? Thanks everyone

Reactions: 338dude
Seems like the bolt stop and spring are out of stock at a lot of places. Guess I will just look around or try Remington directly. Thanks

Reactions: 338dude
Seems like the bolt stop and spring are out of stock at a lot of places. Guess I will just look around or try Remington directly. Thanks
I think I’d call Long Rifle Inc as they do a lot of 700 truing and custom guns on 700 actions and I bet they have some stops and springs they removed to install side bolt release.

Worth a try, yeah

I think I’d call Long Rifle Inc as they do a lot of 700 truing and custom guns on 700 actions and I bet they have some stops and springs they removed to install side bolt release.

Worth a try, yeah
That’s a good point, didn’t think of that. I’ve had quite a few builds over the years by GAP, KMW, and others. Might be worth reaching out to some of them. Thanks

I have been buying Glock and Remington 700 parts at MGW lately. Most parts are out of stock but I select notify me and they usually do within two weeks. midwestgunworks.com/remington-model-700/parts.html

I have been buying Glock and Remington 700 parts at MGW lately. Most parts are out of stock but I select notify me and they usually do within two weeks. midwestgunworks.com/remington-model-700/parts.html
I will check them out, thanks.