• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Changing stocks to accomodate new scope...

NoveSPR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2010
Gov. Blago's Paradise
Just purchased D-740 for my dedicated NV rig and find that the standard CAR stock is a bit difficult aquiring a good cheek weld and comfortable shooting position due to the overall height of the eyepiece when mounted. My partner is running an Eotech and laser combo so I'll be handling the longer shots. Looking at going w a PRS or a UBR. Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Re: Changing stocks to accomodate new scope...

Thats kinda the direction Im leaning for its design is made to accomodate differnet scope heights and body types, but wondered whether anybody had tried the UBR as a comparison. Dont think its tall enough though...

No, LMT. Looks like LL said there is one for MagPul stocks like the CTR in the works.

What mount are you using with the D740?

I just got a Wilson Combat Accu-Rizer D740 Mount and it mounts the scope low enough to get a pretty good cheek-weld with the CAR stock.