• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Changing the inlet, Manners stock

A5scott

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Eastern PA
For a carbon fiber stock that has already be inlet for XM length, can that be filled and then inlet again to a short action length?
I understand some work might need to be done to match up ejection port openings and bolt release, and touch up some cerakote, but in general, can a good stock builder/smith take care of something like that, and it will function as if it was built that way to begin with?

Thanks, Scott

also, are the bolt pattern for Lone Peak medium the same for Rem 700 SA clones, or is the medium longer?

Thanks,
Scott

For a carbon fiber stock that has already be inlet for XM length, can that be filled and then inlet again to a short action length?
I understand some work might need to be done to match up ejection port openings and bolt release, and touch up some cerakote, but in general, can a good stock builder/smith take care of something like that, and it will function as if it was built that way to begin with?

Thanks, Scott
Hi scott, shoot me a DM with original build number stamped in barrel channel and specs on what you want it changed to. Usally change is no problem, but it will depending on stock type and if port is already cut, but usally it can be easily done. Thank u

Last edited: