• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Changing Triggers in the B-14R?

ReaperDriver

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 5, 2009
    Vegas Baby!
    I just got my Bergara B-14R last week and am really loving it so far. But I’d like a lighter trigger. The user manual in the box says don’t use any other triggers. But I was under the impression that it would accept any Rem 700 trigger. I have a Jewel I’d like to throw on it but wanted to see if others have done so and if you came across any issues. TIA.

The put that in there the same reason centerfire guns say not to shoot reloads. Liability.

I put a TT special in mine as well. No issues, however there is some side to side play. I noticed the stock trigger is a little wider than my TT.

Yep, just swapped to my Jewell that was in a Rem 700 not being used. Seems to fit and function perfectly. I can't wait to try this out now. Sooooooo much lighter pull.

Barrel, trigger, sights...

I was allowed the privilege of shooting Reaper Drivers .22 earlier today. Optic currently is an S & B, @ 50 yards best I could do was a 5 shot .217" with the Polar Biathlon ammunition. RD's .053" 3 shot has me thinking Eley 10X might do better.

So barrel check
    Trigger now check
    Sights overkill

I just got my Bergara B-14R last week and am really loving it so far. But I’d like a lighter trigger. The user manual in the box says don’t use any other triggers. But I was under the impression that it would accept any Rem 700 trigger. I have a Jewel I’d like to throw on it but wanted to see if others have done so and if you came across any issues. TIA.
    I asked Bergara and have the email about, they said it is ok to change trigger. I used a Trigger Tech Diamond. If you have a Jewel give it a try.
    Mark

My understanding is it’s a REM 700 footprint/clone. Pretty sure nearly any 700 trigger will work.

Unless Elftmann changed their trigger housing to be narrower, the Elftmann R700 trigger will be too wide for the DBM on the factory rifle. It will attach to the action just fine if you want to use another stock/chassis.

TT Diamond and the Bix TacSport PRO will work. I recommend the B&A.