• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chargemaster link problems

Ghost of glewis

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2023
Canada
Bought my first electric powder thrower. Chargemaster link. Normal lights, no windows open, no heat vents, level, calibrated, plug in to it's own dedicated line straight to electrical panel. Will not stop drifting. Have left it on a for a few days and constantly drifts. I zero it and it continues to drift rarely showing stable. Tried running powder throw it and it won't dispense powder unless it shows stable. I was able to get 12 charges from it over a 2 hour period. Most of those it would stop at charge and then once stable ot was a few grains over. Any suggestions? If not solved I'll be returning it in 2 days and replacing it with a manual thrower and beam scale

Bought my first electric powder thrower. Chargemaster link. Normal lights, no windows open, no heat vents, level, calibrated, plug in to it's own dedicated line straight to electrical panel. Will not stop drifting. Have left it on a for a few days and constantly drifts. I zero it and it continues to drift rarely showing stable. Tried running powder throw it and it won't dispense powder unless it shows stable. I was able to get 12 charges from it over a 2 hour period. Most of those it would stop at charge and then once stable ot was a few grains over. Any suggestions? If not solved I'll be returning it in 2 days and replacing it with a manual thrower and beam scale
You might try attaching a Ferrite Bead/Filter to your power cord, which can help with filtering out high frequency noise in the power cord that can cause that kind of issue. What I do for my Chargemater is simply run it off a battery as the DC power doesn't have that problem.

You didn't say how much drift you were experiencing. It's common that electronic scales will have some drive. But some drift isn't an issue (e.g. the drift if .02 -.04 gr).

PS: The battery I use is this:

Last edited:
I run mine off of a Panamax surge suppressor/filter to prevent interference. They are sensitive to poor AC quality. As the previous poster stated using a battery power supply will work too. A friend uses an aftermarket instrument regulated linear DC power supply which is pretty much an overkill solution but pretty much bullet proof.