• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Chargemaster lite problem

codym

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2018
New Mexico
I’ve had a CM lite for a year and a half. A couple days ago the trickler tube falls out. I tried to screw it in but it disconnected from the motor which it doesn’t screw into. Call RCBS they tell me to fornicate with myself that there’s no warranty and they don’t repair them. Guy goes on to say to open it up and try and fix it myself since there’s no warranty. Needless to say that’s the last RCBS anything I will own. Does anyone know how this trickler tube attaches to the motor or ever fixed this problem? I guess I’m gonna open it up since I have no other option. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I’m surprised RCBS would tell you that.

I’d reach out once more, see if you get a different response. If not, that’s pretty shitty.

I have one that screws on and off easily. I take it out to make cleaning easier but it screws back in just the same. I have another that I haven’t been able to unscrew the tube. It just keeps spinning the motor and doesn’t loosen up.

Idk if that helps you at all.

Really surprised by RCBSs response

I had a keypad failure on a chargemaster years ago. Called RCBS and they wanted nearly as much to fix it as to buy a new one. It went in the trash and I haven’t bought one to replace it.

Using a Lyman M5 with a Dandy Auto tickler. Nearly as fast and more precise.

John

Last edited:
Reactions: FreeFloater
It’s strange to me that there is such a strong contrast in CS experiences with RCBS. People will give accounts of RCBS pretty much just shipping out a new piece of equipment for free to replace something that was way old and finally broke, and then stories like this where they tell a customer he’s screwed.

“The warranty is out so just try to open it and fix it yourself”.... that’s garbage.

I do know that RCBS doesn’t manufacture their scales, so maybe that’s the difference between a 20 year old decapping pin breaking and a 18 month old Chargemaster?

Makes me want to pay more attention to warranties on electronic equipment from reloading companies.

Tried taking mine apart... the stem just unscrews ?‍♂️

On the phone the guy tells me “it just screws in” I tell him, do you have one there you can check because mine doesn’t just screw in, it has come out of where it connects to the motor. There’s like a rubber gromet and then it’s almost like it’s pressed in. He goes and checks and then says I’m right and proceeds to tell me to take it apart as there’s no warranty left anyway. I told him, look I will pay to fix it and he says they don’t fix them “just open it up”. Midway USA says they have a 90 day return policy so they won’t do anything. I’m pissed I have a green $250 paper weight. I have a fx120i and ordered the autothrow so the lite was just backup but still. I’m gonna call tomorrow and ask to speak to supervisor.

Last edited:
I’m surprised the RCBS is not replacing it. I use to run 3 cm lites. I had two of them with key pad problems after over a year of use. All they did was give me a RMA #, shipping label, sent it out. 2 weeks later got new ones. Like brand new in the box. I didn’t even send the adapters back or the pans. Was just the unit. I say RCBS makes some fine equipment with great service. I like the cm lites. It does it’s job perfectly well. I even had a pretty easy time selling them. Sold all 3 for 600$. Not even a week till some snatch them locally.

On the phone the guy tells me “it just screws in” I tell do you have one there you can check because mine doesn’t just screw in, it has come out of where it connects to the motor. There’s like a rubber gromet and then it’s almost like it’s pressed in. He goes and checks and then says I’m right and proceeds to tell me to take it apart as there’s no warranty left anyway. I told him look I will pay to fix it and he says they don’t fix them “just open it up”. Midway USA says they have a 90 day return policy so they won’t do anything. I’m pissed I have a green $250 paper weight. I have a fx120i and ordered the autothrow so the lite was just backup but still. I’m gonna call tomorrow and ask to speak to supervisor.

If you can’t figure out how to fix it yourself then maybe you should look for a different hobby.

Reactions: BassinDmax
I’ve had a CM lite for a year Ana a half. A couple days ago the trickler tube falls out. I tried to screw it in but it disconnected from the motor which it doesn’t screw into. Call RCBS they tell me to fornicate with myself that there’s no warranty and they don’t repair them. Guy goes on to say to open it up and try and fix it myself since there’s no warranty. Needless to say that’s the last RCBS anything I will own. Does anyone know how this trickler tube attaches to the motor or ever fixed this problem? I guess I’m gonna open it up since I have no other option. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Same thing happened to me.

Essentially the part screws onto a hub that spins the tube. The hub on mine either popped out or the toothed belt came off of the hub so it wouldn't thread back on. Luckily mine was only a few months old and they only made me pay shipping (almost $40).

You have two options:
1. Take the thing apart and put the rubber timing belt/the hub back together correctly and thread the tube back on. (I'd suggest putting some adhesive on the threads before assembly)

2. Go to the local outdoor store buy a new one, put the broken one in the box and return it.
Note 1: This is the only way to make RCBS do the right thing and the fix product because of a terrible design.
Note 2: Pay with cash.

Reactions: codym

Essentially the part screws onto a hub that spins the tube. The hub on mine either popped out or the toothed belt came off of the hub so it wouldn't thread back on. Luckily mine was only a few months old and they only made me pay shipping (almost $40).

You have two options:
1. Take the thing apart and put the rubber timing belt/the hub back together correctly and thread the tube back on. (I'd suggest putting some adhesive on the threads before assembly)

2. Go to the local outdoor store buy a new one, put the broken one in the box and return it.
Note 1: This is the only way to make RCBS do the right thing and the fix product because of a terrible design.

This was exactly the info I was looking for. I will take a crack at it now that I know what im dealing with. Sucks that these are the only options. None of this equipment is cheap. Thanks again man.

Last edited:

You have two options:

Surely you can’t be serious?

I called back yesterday, but wasn’t able to speak to anyone. I haven’t messed with it it yet.

Just order a new one and send the bad one back as a return for defect. Problem solved. Unethical as sh|T. But sh|theads do it all the time. Other than that if is out of warranty, open the effing thing and fix it. It its not fixable; buy something else.

Again problem solved.

Just because I think these threads are useless if they don't have a conclusion. I pulled it apart and was able to re-thread the trickler tube, had to unscrew the motor and hold the backing nut down. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: buggz
I had a keypad failure on a chargemaster years ago. Called RCBS and they wanted nearly as much to fix it as to buy a new one. It went in the trash and I haven’t bought one to replace it.

Using a Lyman M5 with a Dandy Auto tickler. Nearly as fast and more precise.

John
Lyman M5? Just looked on Lyman site, can’t find it. Do you have a link? TY

Lyman M5? Just looked on Lyman site, can’t find it. Do you have a link? TY
HA! Doesnt surprise me, try a catalog from the 60s lol
1626446434068.png

But the dandy trickler works with all beam scales the same

Just because I think these threads are useless if they don't have a conclusion. I pulled it apart and was able to re-thread the trickler tube, had to unscrew the motor and hold the backing nut down. Thanks for the help.
If you still want to see how this thing is attached, 5 years later, I have taken mine apart. I can show you pictures.

Thanks brother I’ve moved on to the autotricker but I was able to get the rcbs up and running. 2019 was an ex wife and a couple jobs ago..feels like a lifetime