• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chargemaster question

EricF517

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Howell, Michigan
My question is fairly simple and I am hoping someone who has one will chime in. I am wondering if the powder measure portion will work with my dillon digital scale? I am hoping that I will not have to buy another scale.

Re: Chargemaster question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricF517</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My question is fairly simple and I am hoping someone who has one will chime in. I am wondering if the powder measure portion will work with my dillon digital scale? I am hoping that I will not have to buy another scale. </div></div>

I've never tried mine untethered, so I can't say for sure, but I don't see how it can even work manually, as the scale gives feedback to the hopper as it nears the target weight. The hopper won't know what is what and when to stop, w/o the scale communicating with it, as the weight increases.

I could see you trickling a charge into the Dillon's pan, but that would be too slow.

Chris

Good point I totally forgot about the info going back to the weight distributed. Oh well I guess I will have a back up scale.

It is my understanding the scale will work without the powder measure but not vise versa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AQC440</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It is my understanding the scale will work without the powder measure but not vise versa.
</div></div>This is correct.

Nope, the two will not work together.

The powder dispense will only work with the Chargemaster scale. It must interface with the scale in order to know where the charge weight is at. There is no mechanism for it to interface to a Dillon scale (there isn't even a connector for it), it will not work.