• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment Chargemaster Reducing Insert

MDM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
Ohio
RCBS Chargemaster Reducing Insert / CM Lite - Moved back to the new/old site.

Reducing insert with small removable sleeve. Works to reduce powder overthrows when using extruded powders like Varget and makes for uniform charge weights. It is very accurate and might all but eliminate overthrows entirely. $20 shipped. PM for details.

*Measure your discharge tube]- If you have an older Chargemaster, it may have a smaller tube inside diameter in the .265 range. Make a note of this so I can spin one down to fit. 99% are in the .310+ range but its best to measure to be sure. The best way to measure is lock your calipers at .310 and see if they fit. If not, lock them at .308 and check, and so on. Find the smallest number that will fit and give me that. Another way to check is see if a .308 cal bullet will fit in the tube. All inserts are a few thousands undersized for a universal fit and you will add just a small piece of scotch tape or plumbers tape to the OD of the insert for a slip/snug fit in your discharge tube.

This insert also works in other electronic dispensers such as the Lyman and Hornady units.

brass1.jpg

Last edited:
These are awesome. 50 rds loaded with h-1000 and only one overthrow. Pretty amazing.

I'll take one. PM info please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested, is the 16.95 one go into the entire tub like the "straw mod" or does it just go in the end like the last picture?

Sent you another message Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take one. Pm me the PayPal info please

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PM sent. I am now on the two Chargemaster train and the first insert I purchased from MDM is awesome.

PM sent. This is for my second one. It works excellent, very few over throws once speeds are adjusted. Most charges are within +-0.04 grains as measured by AnD FX120. This will greatly decrease the time it takes me to charge my reloads.

Bought one for my Hornady LNL powder dispenser. Just loaded 535 .223 loads with 25.5 gr.Benchmark powder behind 50 gr. Hornady VMax. I am happy to report that I had 0 overthrows. In fact, I reprogrammed my dispensing speed to 2.5x faster that it was and still no overthrows. Great product. Going to try Varget and IMR 4064 for my .308 the next time. It works a hundred times better than the old straw trick.

I will take one for the hornady powder dispenser. Please pm payment info

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I don't have the Lite to test it. If you want to be the guinea pig and give me some feedback, I'll send you one to try. Pm me.

In response to the emails, texts and messages I've got over the last several days - As most of you who have been on this site for years know, I've been making these inserts for over 3 years now. They obviously work, and as long as guys want them, I'll keep making them for you.

I have 3 freebies to Mil or LEO guys. I have a few inserts that are undersized more than normal. They still function the same. I'll talk you thru the install. I’m at a match today, so I’ll get with the first 3 guys that speak up when I get back in tomorrow. Happy shooting everyone and thanks again.

I didn't read every post so I may have missed it. Any chance you will sell me just the small insert? I'm still running the original from you from a few years ago.

These work awesome with varget, thanks for the fast shipping. Not one over throw.

Is this something that's worth getting for the new chargemaster lite?

Any update on this? I just bought a chargemaster lite to throw the charge and dump onto my FX-120i. The lee powder measure is anywhere from 2-5 grains off per pull, or I just suck at it.

Got mine today. Works like a charm! No overthrows with Varget!!!! SWEET!!!!!