• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chargemaster scale magnetized?

bm11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
Maine
So, either my Chargemaster has developed an issue, or I have missed this trait the last couple years I have used it. I was loading last Thursday, and I noticed that when I'd hold the powder tray over the tray holder (or whatever that black piece the tray sits on is called,) that the indicated weight on the scale (-164.1 grains normally when zeroed for the pan,) will read lighter. Like -161 or so. When I move it away, it goes back to -164.1. I checked to see if the pan had magnetized, but other metal causes the same effect.

Has anyone else noticed this? The scale doesn't have an issue zeroing once the pan is back on. I'm just trying to figure out if this is normal, or if I need to send it out.

Thanks,

-Bob

Anything can cause static electricity and vary the electrical field where you reload.

1. Were you wearing any clothing made of synthetic material, wifes or girlfriends underwear etc.
(or wife/girlfriend wearing a nightie and rubbing your leg trying to coax you away from the loading bench)

2. Plastic or plexiglass around the chargemaster.

3. TV set too close to the scale.

4. Mistress wearing nothing but Saran Wrap rubbing your chest. (my favorite)

5. Forced hot air heat drying the air causing static electricity.

6. Rabbit fur glove and wife, girlfriend, mistress being rubbed the wrong way. (or the right way at the wrong time)

7. Was the power cord coiled up near the unit.

8. Flux capacitor shielding on your time machine going bad.

Yeah there is a lot of static electricity in the room. You think that's the issue?

I am noticing that too except it used to always read 159.9 but now lately reads 160.1 or 2.
Also under florescent light.
It does zero but it concerns me that I have been contemplating getting another scale to cross check.
I calibrate every time I use it.

Try some dryer sheets, they should knock the static electricity off.
Also I have noticed it can build up by sliding the pan back on the scale.

R

Today I loaded with fluorescent lights off, and I made a point to discharge static on myself before starting, as well as wiping all my equipment down with a drier sheet (does that reall work, or was it a joke?)

Absolutely no scale drift issues at all this loading session. Problem solved!

Today I loaded with fluorescent lights off, and I made a point to discharge static on myself before starting, as well as wiping all my equipment down with a drier sheet (does that reall work, or was it a joke?)

Absolutely no scale drift issues at all this loading session. Problem solved!

I for one was hoping for a long story about your mistress dressed in saran wrap and a rabbit fur glove story....
I hope your barrel rusts and it doesn't matter which one.

LaughingSmiley_zps51f85375.gif