• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chargemaster Straw Upgrade

ssadler

Private
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2009
Rockwall, Texas
Found this over at 6mmbr. Sure seems to help, especially with varget.
315n1hu.jpg

9itema.jpg

Re: Chargemaster Straw Upgrade

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does it do that's better than the regular straw upgrade? </div></div>

This straw modification WORKS. Instead of the powder getting pushed to the edge and falling off in a clump; the angles allow powder to trickle almost kernel by kernel. The instant the scale reads the set chargeweight, it stops immediately.

that is brilliant and cool looking, if only MCD had tactical colored straws.

gunna be a nightmare finding these scissors and i don't want to spend 12$ on a pair of scissors i am only going to use once...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is brilliant and cool looking, if only MCD had tactical colored straws. </div></div>

Krylon!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does it do that's better than the regular straw upgrade? </div></div>

This straw modification WORKS. Instead of the powder getting pushed to the edge and falling off in a clump; the angles allow powder to trickle almost kernel by kernel. The instant the scale reads the set chargeweight, it stops immediately. </div></div>

That's what I was thinking. Looks like I'm going to McDonalds tomorrow (gross).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sins4u33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gunna be a nightmare finding these scissors and i don't want to spend 12$ on a pair of scissors i am only going to use once... </div></div>

X-acto knife.

i dont think the serration in the scissors matter

i just used regular scissors and did notice a lack of clumps falling out of the straw

I used a razor blade to do mine. It may have made a difference, but the POS still overthrows every third charge.

I still need to do this mod. The kids would be thrilled if I told them we were going to McDonalds....me and the wife, not so much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GreatGonzo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used a razor blade to do mine. It may have made a difference, but the POS still overthrows every third charge. </div></div>

Raise the front feet a smidge.

That's a great mod my Green Machine never overthrows varget any more but it did slow the process down a bit since about half of the kernels drop for each pulse.
Added bonus is the throws are much more accurate and I don't get the 2/10 ths spread any more. Since it's got 1/10 accuracy that means any given throw could be 1/10 high or 1/10 low for a 2/10 spread but this drops that ES in half when checked on an accurate digital scale.
The shape of the tines is important especially when throwing Varget powder and when I got the shape as shown in the picture it came together. Was a pain using tiny scissors and marking the points with a piece of tape to get it even but well worth fiddling for piece of mind that the thing is throwing tighter spreads.

Tried this and it made a noticeable difference over a regular straw.

Thank you for your idea. I tweaked it a little.
smile.gif

url]