• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Charging handles are getting out of hand

EMorr

I need a nap
Minuteman
Just saw this on Midwayusa.com, seriously WTF.

799394.jpg

I'm all for an enlarged latch or ambi controls but this is a bit much.

That is so you can operate with either foot, think Monty Python Search for Holy Grail (IIRC) where the knight kept losing appendages and saying "It's just a flesh wound". With this extended charging handle and a really opened up trigger guard you could carry on the fight if you shucked your boots off and handled it with your feet. Remember "It's just a flesh wound"

• Haha
Reactions: Milf Dots
I’ll give one of these a try when available. Interested to see if it really defeats blowback like they claim in their video.
Post up and let us know.

The only real complaint about the SWS integrally suppressed guns we have at our department is the gas blow back. If this eliminates the whining I hear after a range session it will be money well spent!

Post up and let us know.

The only real complaint about the SWS integrally suppressed guns we have at our department is the gas blow back. If this eliminates the whining I hear after a range session it will be money well spent!
It does seem custy af but I spend a bill on Geissele ch and they’ll have been ok. I still experience blowback despite “mitigating” designs. It’ll be interesting to see if the o-ring works. That’s my understanding anyway. Happily circle back around on it.

This would have been great for some 308 ammo I recently loaded for my large frame AR... I had to mortar the gun several times to extract rounds that failed to chamber all the way. Upon further inspection, I figured out that I didn't size the cases enough. They were 7.62x51 cases shot by the coastguard through a machinegun. Of course, I resized the next batch fully and they cycled fine. So moral of the story, quality ammo/reloads and shit shouldn't be an issue.

This would have been great for some 308 ammo I recently loaded for my large frame AR... I had to mortar the gun several times to extract rounds that failed to chamber all the way. Upon further inspection, I figured out that I didn't size the cases enough. They were 7.62x51 cases shot by the coastguard through a machinegun. Of course, I resized the next batch fully and they cycled fine. So moral of the story, quality ammo/reloads and shit shouldn't be an issue.
Do you know about small base dies?

I've heard of small base dies, but haven't ever looked into them.
It sounds like you definitely need one. Just resize with your normal FL die then use the small base die. Usually you don't even have to apply more lube if you prelube the small base die before you start.

Reactions: MustangGreg66
It sounds like you definitely need one. Just resize with your normal FL die then use the small base die. Usually you don't even have to apply more lube if you prelube the small base die before you start.
Why not use only the small base die? That’s what I do and haven’t had a problem. Not saying that’s correct, which is why I’m asking.

Why not use only the small base die? That’s what I do and haven’t had a problem. Not saying that’s correct, which is why I’m asking.
I am far from a pro reloader but I would guess because the SBD does not resize the shoulder

No this is what I use

That sizing die still bumps the shoulder, the base portion is to minimum spec and will go down as far as your shell holder allows.

There is also a small base body die that does the same thing but doesn't resize the neck.

A rollsizer or bulge buster are the only ones I'm aware of that only size the lower portion of the body.

Reactions: louu
I’ll give one of these a try when available. Interested to see if it really defeats blowback like they claim in their video.
Just use RTV, wax, and a normal handle homade gas buster
BAD4B2DD-F96A-4075-9F07-E0A747350322.jpeg

Granted it doesn’t look like he left it back a little further from fully closed so it would be a tight seal locked forward, but you get the idea

Last edited:
Um, all you need is a M84 charging handle. That was perfected a while ago.

I'm not sure why all of these other companies are making bigger and bigger latches whose crown achievement is to literally get caught on shit when you dont want it to.

Also, most 'stuck cases' are remedied by mortering the rifle. This is a basic failure clearing procedure that you don't need any of this dumb shit for.

If that does not fix it and the bolt can move freely, you have a ripped off rim which this thing wont fix anyways. It can be fixed by multiple attempts of letting the bolt slam into battery to try and grab some part of the ramming case rim -or- you'd need a flex cleaning rod and a stuck case screw on piece to tap it out.

That charging handle fixes nothing.

Last edited:
Just saw this on Midwayusa.com, seriously WTF.

799394.jpg

I'm all for an enlarged latch or ambi controls but this is a bit much.

only application I can see for this, is if you life in Kalifornistan, and your AR-15 is not "semi-auto", but "full-retard" instead, with no gas, i.e. no gas tube, no gas to BCG, no gas-driven cycling, not self-loading, so that it isn't characterized as a semi-auto, so that you can have the thing that flips up over the shoulder and 30-clip magazines.

then you might need some extra leverage to extract that fire-formed spent steel cartridge from the chamber walls. maybe. :unsure:

THIwHnG.jpg

Last edited:
only application I can see for this, is if you life in Kalifornistan, and your AR-15 is not "semi-auto", but "full-retard" instead, with no gas, i.e. no gas tube, no gas to BCG, no gas-driven cycling, not self-loading, so that it isn't characterized as a semi-auto, so that you can have the thing that flips up over the shoulder and 30-clip magazines.

then you might need some extra leverage to extract that fire-formed spent steel cartridge from the chamber walls. maybe. :unsure:
Seems like it would beat the rear of the upper to shit

Chris Bartocci just did a review of that in a recent video I watched yesterday. Goofy yes, but he thought it was great. Give it a look just for research. I probably ain't buying one though.

Um, all you need is a M84 charging handle. That was perfected a while ago.

I'm not sure why all of these other companies are making bigger and bigger latches whose crown achievement is to literally get caught on shit when you dont want it to.

Also, most 'stuck cases' are remedied by mortering the rifle. This is a basic failure clearing procedure that you don't need any of this dumb shit for.

If that does not fix it and the bolt can move freely, you have a ripped off rim which this thing wont fix anyways. It can be fixed by multiple attempts of letting the bolt slam into battery to try and grab some part of the ramming case rim -or- you'd need a flex cleaning rod and a stuck case screw on piece to tap it out.

That charging handle fixes nothing.

It may not fix anything, but it will separate idiots from their money.