• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Charles Krauthammer passed at 68

Truly a loss. I enjoyed listening to him. I always felt like I learned something, I might not have always agreed with him, but mentally it was fun.

Reactions: Fig
As others have said; truly a great loss. One the great conservative thinkers of our time. RIP

“America is the only country ever founded on an idea. The only country that is not founded on race or even common history. It's founded on an idea and the idea is liberty. That is probably the rarest phenomena in the political history of the world; this has never happened before. And not only has it happened, but it's worked. We are the most flourishing, the most powerful, most influential country on Earth with this system, invented by the greatest political geniuses probably in human history.”
~ C. Krauthammer

Rip! Always enjoyed listening to him analyze! Thought he was a wise man with great character!

It's interesting to listen to him described by so many people as an intellectual rather than always describing him as a conservative or pundit etc.

What Krauthammer did was not make you think. A word, a phrase, a picture, etc. can make you think. Krauthammer made you want to think. If that takes root in your psyche you end up applying your mind to everything. It probably started with his father telling the boys that he wanted them to know everything. That means everything has value. A worthy legacy.

If we wanted to talk to someone who agreed with us about everything we would just talk to ourselves and what’s the point in that?