• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Charlie Tarac help.

Center Mass

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2008
Pa
Need some help from those who are much more knowledgeable than me on these.

I just picked up one of these on the post exchange and it came with a Razor Gen II magnetic mount.

Question 1.
I understand that the Razor sunshade fits others scopes as well, which ones?

Question 2.
How is the sunshade piece affixed in the magnetic mount?

Seems like it would be pretty simple to switch sunshades back and forth for different scopes if it will come out just by taking out the screws.....or i could be way off base here.

Thanks in advance.

CM

This chart from the makers of the DFAT device indicates compatible scopes—I don’t know how comprehensive it is.
1624755239647.png

I’m not an expert on the device but I think the sunshade ring is glued in there and would be pretty tough to swap out. You can definitely order others from TACOM.

Reactions: Center Mass
No idea on compatibly but I’d imagine any LOW scope with a 56mm objective has a chance.
It clamps on I believe with a pinch on top to set it to level.

Reactions: Center Mass
This chart from the makers of the DFAT device indicates compatible scopes—I don’t know how comprehensive it is.
View attachment 7655923

I’m not an expert on the device but I think the sunshade ring is glued in there and would be pretty tough to swap out. You can definitely order others from TACOM.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Only problem is that I don't have any of those, lol.

If it's glued in, there is no need to mess with it. I will just have to order up another.

CM

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Only problem is that I don't have any of those, lol.

If it's glued in, there is no need to mess with it. I will just have to order up another.

CM
I would have gotten the pic rail mount if it had worked with my chassis and I kept the Charlie. More versatile.

Pic rail would be nice but I am old school and don't run a chassis. That and I only have one rifle that I really need it for.