• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Charlotte Area

BrentlyWhite

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2019
Any shooters here? I go to the foothills range quite a bit. Longest shot is 250 yards.

The one run by the county where you have to shoot through the baffle system? Ughhhh.

Check out the Clinton House in Clinton, SC.

300 yd rifle
1000 yard rifle
1 mile on select days

The one run by the county where you have to shoot through the baffle system? Ughhhh.

Check out the Clinton House in Clinton, SC.

300 yd rifle
1000 yard rifle
1 mile on select days
Yes through the baffles but at 12 bucks a day. Its trigger time.

I will have to check Clinton out.

Yes through the baffles but at 12 bucks a day. Its trigger time.

I will have to check Clinton out.

Definitely do. Not knocking the price aspect at all, I totally get having to watch the money, this is an expensive hobby.

You'll just have a much better time, and learn a whole lot more about precision shooting, where you can stretch the legs on your rifle, and get some experience reading wind. If I recall correctly, the county range has cinder blocks to the sides and enough steel above it to stop a tank round, not much wind.

Clinton house has loads of steel on the 1000 from about 300 out to 1000, lots of fun and great to learn precision shooting on.

Definitely do. Not knocking the price aspect at all, I totally get having to watch the money, this is an expensive hobby.

You'll just have a much better time, and learn a whole lot more about precision shooting, where you can stretch the legs on your rifle, and get some experience reading wind. If I recall correctly, the county range has cinder blocks to the sides and enough steel above it to stop a tank round, not much wind.

Clinton house has loads of steel on the 1000 from about 300 out to 1000, lots of fun and great to learn precision shooting on.
yep. Reading wind at Foothills is easy. LOL!

Great info! Just dipping into long range and finally have all the components to start shooting (rifle, scope, bipod, mat, and ammo) Hope to hit a range soon to zero and have some fun!

Probably to much travel time but, there is Frontline Defense and Woody's located to your east. Frontline - Warrenton, NC has 1,000 yards and Woody's - New Hill, NC 550 yards.

Big Ivy Gun Club in Barnardsville NC has announced a Grand Opening Nov 16th. They have 1,000 yards. I have no info on membership dues, caliber restrictions, etc., but it could be an attractive option.

Reactions: 6.5Cheatmoore
Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club goes to 300.
but for long range near Charlotte, Clinton House will be your best bet.

Yes. Shoot me a pm if you’re interested in going and where you’re located. Me and my wife are going up to practice soon. You can shoot at 100, then 450 out to 1000

i thought it was only 1k, unless it’s a match day? I joined before realizing that, so didn’t end up going more than once.

They do thousand yard benchrest competitions there. But they also do still shooting matches their throughout the year that range from 400 to 1000. They have steaks in the ground where you can just hang up their targets if you want to go on a random weekend and practice.

I know this is sort of an old thread but Big Ivy Guns is a few minuets from my house and is the best thing that ever happened to NC in the shooting community, great range.

Reactions: Howland
I think Coleman's Creek is about the best range in NC.

I think Coleman's Creek is about the best range in NC.
It is nice but pricey.
I just signed up at PHA in Lexington, they only have rifles out to 200, but hoping to have 600-800 next year. It’s nice for my iron sight stuff and sighting in scopes/load development. PHA is only 20 minutes from my house too