• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors "Charter Arms" ...for a carry gun..??

Wardy

"Gordy"
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2008
North Eastern NC
Do any of you guys have any dealings with the Charter Arms snubbies as a carry gun? I know its not a S&W, but the look nice and are priced considerably cheaper....

What ya think...

Ward

Re: "Charter Arms" ...for a carry gun..??

Last summer I shot a .44 Bulldog and was rather impressed, not too heavy and a .44 spec. is a serious round. However, they are not Smith and Wessons. You can probably buy a new 638 for $450 or most used J frame for a bit less. I carry a 638 in a pocket holster in the warmest weather. A 3' Model 60 in an inside the waist which conceals pretty well behind a t-shirt. When it is cold a 2.%" 66 carries well, I like S&Ws.

Seriously a Charter Arms has no advantage over a S&W that I can see, with the exception of the .44 variety where S&W doesn't offer a revolver that small yet powerful. If you want a .38+p or .357 I'd get a Smith (in fact I have). Otherwise Charter is just a poor 2nd choice, albeit somewhat cheaper.

The old-style Bulldog in 44Spl is still an excellent concealed carry revolver. I have had two of them, and carried them often. They are light, because they're aluminum, and fairly slim for the caliber. The Cor Bon 165's are a nice round in 44Spl. Mine even shoots poppers at 100 yards with a bit of holdover.

thanks guys, i was really looking at the S&W airweight DAO, while Charter, again, is probably not even a close 2nd to the S&W family, the prices are a little easier on the wallet...
But i guess a shortcut on the wallet when a life or lives depend on it probably should'nt be backseated...

Thanks...

Ward

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wards75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But i guess a shortcut on the wallet when a life or lives depend on it probably should'nt be backseated...</div></div>There's nothing wrong with the quality; they work just fine. They're just not expensive polished pieces of equipment. Think about that when you are waiting to get it back from the evidence locker.

[/quote]Think about that when you are waiting to get it back from the evidence locker. [/quote

Thats pretty funny....thanks man