• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chasis for weatherby/ howa short action

Hecouldgoalltheway

Your mom's favorite shit poster
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 11, 2009
    West TN
    I need one that I can have in my hands in the next 2 weeks. I would buy an xlr if that was an option, buy their lead time is measured in years. I have tried about all of the different mdt chasis and I like them all, but this will be more a hunting rifle than anything, so I'm looking for suggestions:

What's the best option for a hunting (using that term loosely) chasis for a weatherby vanguard short action that I can get in the next two weeks. I'd be happy to buy a used one, or trade for one, (I have a bit of everything), but THIS IS NOT A WTB AD. I am asking for opinions/help. Thanks fellas

Had never seen one until Sunday. Friend of a guy I know wanted to know if he could test fire a rifle. He brought out a Howa 1500 in an AB chassis. Played with it some, didn’t fire it, but it seemed solid enough just handling it.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
    Had never seen one until Sunday. Friend of a guy I know wanted to know if he could test fire a rifle. He brought out a Howa 1500 in an AB chassis. Played with it some, didn’t fire it, but it seemed solid enough just handling it.
    Thank you sir. I'm looking into them now. I was unaware they existed

Reactions: roostercogburn98
    I have both the AB arms chassis for a Howa 1500 SA and the MDT XLR. Fire away with any questions you may have.
    In a strict hunting scenario, I'd go with the XLR. For the modularity of the chassis style configuration then obviously the AB Arms wins. They both have their pros and cons depending on application, use, preference, etc.

KRG makes their Bravo chassis for the Howa 1500 SA, comfortable to shoot and plenty of upgrades that can be done to it. Order it now and you should have it under a week.

Mini:

1500:

Any recommendations for Vanguard LA?
    MDT seems to have several I see.