• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chasis Info: MK Machining

Mattrmvpd

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2004
South Georgia
Happened to be on their site tonight ordering some mag extenders…. And saw the MK2 Bullpup Chasis for the Remington 700.

Anyone seen one in person?….info. I like the looks and being a former Desert Tact. owner this could be intersting to me if there is a ton of adjustability in the stock.

Ok…was able to locate a price. $2k for the setup with a Timney trigger.

Still would like to hear from someone that has put hands on it.

Well hello all. There's not a ton of folks with these in hand as I've only made a bit under 200 of these, but we are gearing up for by the far the biggest batch yet to be released in Spring 2022, and I'll have some at SHOT as well.

This will be the "MK2.5".

Let me know what questions I can answer. MK2.5 should come in right around 4lbs for the chassis. Trigger is excellent. Pretty good amount of adjustability and modularity. This was the idea that spawned MK Machining after I played with very early Desert Techs. Without borrowing money or taking on investors, it has been a slow road but I'm very pleased with how the project has progressed!

Here's one from a military test batch we sent out...with great feedback thusfar. Full out precision setups with SBR length! Averaged 1/4moa with factory Hornady 143gr ammo. 6.5 Creeds w/ 16" Carbonsix barrels.

Attachments

• smaller chassis throne.jpg
    smaller chassis throne.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 196
  • smaller profile.jpg
    smaller profile.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: MarinePMI
Will there be use issues with person shouldering in their left side and operating the bolt with right hand?

^ Asking due to the cheek piece visual…would there be a way to modify that section …?

How comfortable is it cycling a bolt back at your ear?
If you can touch your ear you can do it. With a 60° not bad at all, you can keep your head down easily. 90° action takes a bit of getting used to.

I'd say you'll add a second to your bolt cycling time. If you need quick followups I'd recommend a semi-auto, but I enjoy having folks play with the chassis at SHOT and find out it's not nearly as awkward as they'd expect, and that the trigger is real slick.

Lefties cannot operate a righty gun, you'd punch yourself in the face. But it does take left or right handed actions and the cheekpiece swaps sides.

Well hello all. There's not a ton of folks with these in hand as I've only made a bit under 200 of these, but we are gearing up for by the far the biggest batch yet to be released in Spring 2022, and I'll have some at SHOT as well.

This will be the "MK2.5".

Let me know what questions I can answer. MK2.5 should come in right around 4lbs for the chassis. Trigger is excellent. Pretty good amount of adjustability and modularity. This was the idea that spawned MK Machining after I played with very early Desert Techs. Without borrowing money or taking on investors, it has been a slow road but I'm very pleased with how the project has progressed!

Here's one from a military test batch we sent out...with great feedback thusfar. Full out precision setups with SBR length! Averaged 1/4moa with factory Hornady 143gr ammo. 6.5 Creeds w/ 16" Carbonsix barrels.
How about my LA? 😁

Is there a recommended action to use in these? Or what actions have been tried and confirmed thus far? Is the Curtis Axiom your favorite to use in it?

Last edited:
Is there a recommended action to use in these? Or what actions have been tried and confirmed thus far? Is the Curtis Axiom your favorite to use in it?
After trying several, I really like the Axiom. No integrated rail and easy to work with the 60° throw. I'd like to try a swept forward bolt handle....gonna email them now!