• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis Advice for Bergara and Rem 700 Shooter

eugevita

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2020
Greetings Folks!

I have a B14HMR 6.5 and considering replacing the stock with a KRG X-Ray chassis. What are your thoughts, would this be a worthwhile upgrade? I am attracted to the thin looking grip which I think will allow me to get a stronger grip and keep the gun in my shoulder more effectively in between shots as well as the increased modularity and slightly lower weight. Is instal hard on these or is it pretty simple for me to do it myself? I also researched the Bravo chassis but think the thinner X ray grip might fit my hand a lot better. To be honest the Bravo chassis reminds me a lot of my current HMR stock, granted I of course have not held the chassis and my opinion is based on online research.

Lastly, if I get the KRG X-Ray could I take the stock from the HMR and use it on my Rem 700 308 SPS tactical? Would it easily drop in or would modification be required? I am currently not planing on putting a DBM on the 700 sps which I plan to chop down to 16" to make it more handy/fit a suppressor. Currently the 700 which has a timney trigger (pic below) serves the role of an occasional deer rifle where as the HMR is my range gun for shooting out to and past 1000. I am hoping that once I get the barrel cut on the 700, instal a silencerco brake, new scope I will be able to keep using it as a deer rifle but also as a mid range range precision rifle. Really curious as to your advice on whether the HMR stock could easily go on this rifle.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience!

Attachments

• rem 700 sps 3008.jpg
    rem 700 sps 3008.jpg
    520 KB · Views: 74
I've got the Bergara BMP 6.5cm and really like the chassis that comes on it. The cheek riser and butt plate are adjustable with knobs - no tools needed. Not sure if this a part you could order from Bergara...might give it a try.

Attachments

• 20200625_201923001.jpg
    20200625_201923001.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: eugevita
See if you can get your hands on an MPA BA Comp chassis to have a feel. It’s by far the most comfortable chassis I’ve used particularly for my trigger hand. The EVG grip is narrower at the front than the likes of the KRG and MDT grips so I find my finger wrap it a lot better and the thumb shelf is perfect.

What’s your intended use for the rifle?? Hunting, target shooting, competition PRS??

I've got the Bergara BMP 6.5cm and really like the chassis that comes on it. The cheek riser and butt plate are adjustable with knobs - no tools needed. Not sure if this a part you could order from Bergara...might give it a try.

Nice rifle! Consequently that chassis is sold out on their site....will keep it in mind, thank you!

See if you can get your hands on an MPA BA Comp chassis to have a feel. It’s by far the most comfortable chassis I’ve used particularly for my trigger hand. The EVG grip is narrower at the front than the likes of the KRG and MDT grips so I find my finger wrap it a lot better and the thumb shelf is perfect.
Excellent thought, that chassis looks awesome! Unfortunatley it is more than double the price of the X-Ray and hence out of my price range.

What’s your intended use for the rifle?? Hunting, target shooting, competition PRS??

The Bergara is mainly a target shooting rifle, I have already shot it out to 1260ish yards and would like to take it out to a mile. Secondary purpose is as a stationary hunting/blind gun in case the opportunity arises.

The Rem 700 SPS 308 is currently primarily an occasional hunting gun. My goal is to get it outfitted to continue hunting but also to be able to use it as a target rifle out to 700 or 800 yards.

Anyone know whether my Rem 700 sps tactical would drop into the HMR stock that I have?

I think for a hunting/target rifle I’d go for the KRG Bravo or X Ray. I was going to recommend a full blown chassis but I believe weight would be of concern.

I think for a hunting/target rifle I’d go for the KRG Bravo or X Ray. I was going to recommend a full blown chassis but I believe weight would be of concern.

thanks! i am also leaning this way

well I just ordered the X ray and a 5 rd PMAG, will post a report after I mount and shoot it! Also contacted Bergara who told me that my B14 stock will not fit the 700 sps tactical barrel without modification, hence I will likely sell the B14 stock/bottom metal.

well I just ordered the X ray and a 5 rd PMAG, will post a report after I mount and shoot it! Also contacted Bergara who told me that my B14 stock will not fit the 700 sps tactical barrel without modification, hence I will likely sell the B14 stock/bottom metal.
Is it the standard B14 stock or the HMR Pro stock?

I have 3 KRG products. A bravo, x-ray and wiskey. I love them all. Good fit and adjustments. You won't be sorry!

PM me a pic if you would. I’m scratching my head on an idea. Lol

Could not figure out how to attach the pics in PM but here are some I took tonight. Dont have pictures of the HMR stock internals as the rifle is still in the HMR stock. I will take it out only after I receive the KRG. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMG-3076.jpg
    IMG-3076.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG-3077.jpg
    IMG-3077.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG-3078.jpg
    IMG-3078.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 102
I have 3 KRG products. A bravo, x-ray and wiskey. I love them all. Good fit and adjustments. You won't be sorry!
Thank you! I am cautiously excited, hoping that it will not be too hard to re-zero and hopeful my already gathered dope will not be affected.

Could not figure out how to attach the pics in PM but here are some I took tonight. Dont have pictures of the HMR stock internals as the rifle is still in the HMR stock. I will take it out only after I receive the KRG. Hope this helps!
When u decide to sell The stock let me know

It will fit. I’ve done it.

Yes an SPS tactical to be exact. Both are long gone but it will fit.