• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis-bore height

Bro Mo

Open-minded Skeptic
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
I have an m40 stock and am considering a chassis. I like some of the mdt chassis or anything that takes a collapsible carbine stock so my wife and i can shoot together only changing the length of pull. One thing i notice in the m40 is the drop at heel creating more rise in the muzzle than an a2 i once had. It seems like the height between the buffer tube and bore axis is greater than on the fixed stock chassis like a krg, etc. Are some less than others or is that simply an attribute of the ar stocked chassis?

It would be pretty hard to run a bolt if it wasn’t designed that way. Exception is those that have gone the way of the RPR. But this is why adjustability is key. Bring that cheek riser up and it’s all good.

Reactions: Zack_va248
Hey @Bro Mo ! Pretty much all of our chassis are compatible with a carbine interface and we love the idea of making a rifle adjustable for multiple shooters/body types.

If you were to go with something like our LSS or LSS-XL Gen2 and put on a Skeleton Carbine stock, you can adjust the LOP by around 1" and can raise/lower the butpad to keep your shoulder in line with the bore centreline :) Additionally, most aftermarket stocks with cheek risers will have them set back far enough that the bolt can cycle easily and be removed when necessary.

If you have any product questions, let me know!