• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis Convert

jw-usmc

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2019
First time considering a chassis build and coming from a Manners PRS1. I’m looking for a rock solid tactical chassis that has some comp possibility, but field use is the priority.

Needs to be a folder, rock solid lockup, stability, and repeatability. Top notch finish and durability with ability to mount NV.

Build is based around a Terminus Zeus QC.

Currently considering:

- Cadex Lite Competition
- MDT ESS
- AI AX AICS
- AI AXSR
- JP APAC

Not considering price or lead time, what do you recommend and why?

Cadex is much better than ai I owned both the Cadex has more features and options and felt more solid. (The ai grip is also criminally bad and a ton of $ to fix)

IMG_5131.jpeg

Cadex is much better than ai I owned both the Cadex has more features and options and felt more solid. (The ai grip is also criminally bad and a ton of $ to fix)

View attachment 8329978
Those cadex chassis look really solid. Can the bolt be removed without folding the stock? It looks like cadex was smart enough to where you can.

XLR does offer a night vision accessory for their elements chassis if you want something lightweight:

Reactions: st1650 and jw-usmc

View attachment 8329978
Nice builds and thanks for the input. The Cadex have always looked like bombproof platform to me. Sadly never handled one. I really like their approach to mirage mitigation though - not many addressing that. Any major issues or complaints you’ve come across?

The W3 looks like a solid contender. Definitely a consideration. How’s the lockup on their folder?
Very sold. Used a buddies. I’ve heard the lockup on the vision is great also. It is a bit pricier tho. i lean towards the whiskey because of its after market support. Vision has only a couple of suppliers and they have back orders on some items.

Reactions: jw-usmc
Nice builds and thanks for the input. The Cadex have always looked like bombproof platform to me. Sadly never handled one. I really like their approach to mirage mitigation though - not many addressing that. Any major issues or complaints you’ve come across?

None. Like it so much more than the ai. It’s really really nice and well thought out including the ecosystem of available accessories.

Thanks. Looks solid for the bipod and barricade. Reminds me a lot of the ACC. Wondering if it would feel overly bulky in the field…. Sucks making my comparisons via pictures
My friend @GBMaryland has both a Vision and an MDT Elite. Both are top notch chassis but I think the Vision is the winner. Absolute top quality, solid as a brick.

Actually, he has 2 Visions w one NIB that I have on layaway in his basement.

“In the field”?? Missed that part. Personally I think all of these chassis would be a bit much in a tree stand.

If field use is the priority, look at MDT’s HNT26 hunter chassis.

Otherwise, I think you might find 6 lbs chassis to be too heavy as well as bulky. ACC and Vision are both approx 6 lbs.

The KRG W3 is 4 lbs (depending on options).

XLR Envy Pro with the C6 stock.

If you’re going for a Cadex go with the Strike Pro

My friend @GBMaryland has both a Vision and an MDT Elite. Both are top notch chassis but I think the Vision is the winner. Absolute top quality, solid as a brick.

Actually, he has 2 Visions w one NIB that I have on layaway in his basement.

“In the field”?? Missed that part. Personally I think all of these chassis would be a bit much in a tree stand.

If field use is the priority, look at MDT’s HNT26 hunter chassis.

Otherwise, I think you might find 6 lbs chassis to be too heavy as well as bulky. ACC and Vision are both approx 6 lbs.

The KRG W3 is 4 lbs (depending on options).
Thanks. Good to hear. I’m used to humping too much weight, so is a consideration but not overly concerned about weight. Ounces do matter, but rigidity and reliability are a bigger part of the decision. Doubt I will be taking full advantage of the weight kits and all the the benefits a true comp build has to offer in that regard.

Reactions: Baron23
Thanks. Good to hear. I’m used to humping too much weight, so is a consideration but not overly concerned about weight. Ounces do matter, but rigidity and reliability are a bigger part of the decision. Doubt I will be taking full advantage of the weight kits and all the the benefits a true comp build has to offer in that regard.
If you are still interested in an ACC, here is a Premier at what I think is a very good price of $775

You can get one of these machined as a full length rail for a Cadex Lite Comp chassis. I was going to have it done for a full length rail on my tempest but ended up selling the rifle before that happened.

IMG_6001.jpeg

Have you looked at the MPA BA ESR chassis? MPA makes an extended NV bridge for it.

I am not much of a chassis person, so I am in the process of building one as well to see how I will like it. For me the two chassis I have come down too are the Cadex LT Comp and the BA ESR. I have handled both and see to like them over the others.

I've had or still have all chassis mentioned here and there are none that beat the Vision. It's an outstanding platform that's well thought out and super solid. Much love for KRG, but that Vision is ridiculously good. Cadex is cool but limits the action that can be used with it some and the Vision is more solid than the Cadex that I had.

I've had or still have all chassis mentioned here and there are none that beat the Vision. It's an outstanding platform that's well thought out and super solid. Much love for KRG, but that Vision is ridiculously good. Cadex is cool but limits the action that can be used with it some and the Vision is more solid than the Cadex that I had.
Vision is great but except for magwell transition.

What do you mean? It's set up so that you adjust and file the catch to fit exactly. Both of my visions magwells work fantastic

I think he probably means the giant block of aluminum they left at the front of the magwell and before the actual forend start on the old/current chassis. They fixed it with the new Pro chassis, but the old ones were goofy for sure.

The W3 looks like a solid contender. Definitely a consideration. How’s the lockup on their folder?
Indistinguishable from a fixed stock for the one I just got last week. I wanted a folding chassis for field (hunting) use as well and went with the W3. It'll pull double duty by being on my Vudoo most of the time (hence why I didn't go MDT Hnt26 since it's too light/short for that purpose imo) but then I'll switch it over to my centerfires for hunts. @Covertnoob5 is a pretty good source for chassis questions since I think he's used just about everything at this point.

Have you looked at the MPA BA ESR chassis? MPA makes an extended NV bridge for it.

I am not much of a chassis person, so I am in the process of building one as well to see how I will like it. For me the two chassis I have come down too are the Cadex LT Comp and the BA ESR. I have handled both and see to like them over the others.
I haven’t, but good to hear on the LT Comp and ESR. I know MPA has been leading the game from the PRS side. What do you feel stands out with these vs the others?

Got it. Seems like a lot of votes toward the Vision. Curious, which Cadex model were you using?

You can get one of these machined as a full length rail for a Cadex Lite Comp chassis. I was going to have it done for a full length rail on my tempest but ended up selling the rifle before that happened.

View attachment 8330570
Nice setup. I’d be looking at something similar with the full arca fore end and center tripod base. The rail is a good option. I saw that Cadex manufactures a similar NV rail in their accessory lineup as well.

I have a Vision Comp chassis and it is great. Only complaint I have is that it sits a little rear heavy (even with a 26" proof comp barrel). It's all balanced out now but I put 2 sets of vision weights up front to get it there.
I have not handled the newest version so hopefully it balances a little better.

I have a Vision Comp chassis and it is great. Only complaint I have is that it sits a little rear heavy (even with a 26" proof comp barrel). It's all balanced out now but I put 2 sets of vision weights up front to get it there.
Got it. Where are you landing with weight now that you’re balanced out?

I haven’t, but good to hear on the LT Comp and ESR. I know MPA has been leading the game from the PRS side. What do you feel stands out with these vs the others?
I think when you compare it to some of the other chassis, you really do not have to buy anything extra, like ARCA rails, bag riders and such. This is why I am leaning toward MPA over the Cadex. With the Cadex, you have to buy the top pic and ARCA rails, bag rider, and a vertical grip if you want that as well. This puts the cost of the Cadex just above 2K if you get it around 1600$, and well over if you get it for 1800$.

Nice build! The customizability and backbone system of the KRG are appealing. Any negatives that you’ve run into?
For competition stuff, I wish there was more M-Lok and it was closer to the bottom of the fore-end. The non enclosed fore-end is kinda short. Taking the enclosed fore-end off is a decent number of screws, so it takes a bit. I've never had it come loose though. That's pretty much it

Got it. Seems like a lot of votes toward the Vision. Curious, which Cadex model were you using?
It's been a few years but it wouldn't work with my action because of the top rail. It was one of the ones that has the top rail made into the chassis

I’ve been shooting competitions with my w3 folder for a little over two years and it is rock solid

View attachment 8330673
I live krg, the only thing that was a problem for me was the hinge but they only made a right hand hinge and they made it in a left hand chassis for me but the hinge is kind of bulky and it wouldn't let me get my thumb around. I like the vision hinge set up a lot better but I have nothing but love for KRG equipment as well as the people. I have a krg W3 still that I love too but it's not a folder.

I shoot with a can all the time so that puts a lot more hanging out front for me

curious what the manners isn't doing for you that you'd like to change?

Most of the chassis mentioned here are more geared towards competition with guys that hunt with them a bit. Personally My dedicated hunting rifle is a lightweight HNT 26 build and anything I typically shoot in a match style or only ever from a truck is a fair bit heavier.

The hinderance of the quick change screws on the Zeus would make me not consider this one. It looks fantastic.
You’re saying you want the ability to remove/install the barrel using the Zeus quick change screw without removing the action from the chassis?

@hairy_pineapple588 not saying it’s “factory”, but a simple hole can be drilled in the side of the chassis to access the screw. I just chatted with Vision, he said that’s pretty much the only solution and he doesn’t necessarily want to add the hole to every chassis.

@hairy_pineapple588 not saying it’s “factory”, but a simple hole can be drilled in the side of the chassis to access the screw. I just chatted with Vision, he said that’s pretty much the only solution and he doesn’t necessarily want to add the hole to every chassis.
Yeah that may be the only option. The pro chassis is pretty much what I want and just add a folder to it.

i understand that. I wouldn’t want to either

Last edited:
The reach from your vertical grip to the trigger shoe. Manners has very long reach distances, all other things equal.
Not all their stocks are that way. I have multiple EH-1s that are perfect with a curved shoe TT. I have had other Manners that had very long grip to trigger distance.

I’m not sure if they still do this, but you used to be able could to order and move the inlet rearward. They won’t do that with some of the new models though.