• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis for KIDD .22 RF

RTH1800

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 16, 2009
    Midwest
    I am considering putting my KIDD 10/22 clone into a chassis. This would be done to allow the mounting of thermal or lights. I am sure I am not the first to do this so looking for information.

Thank You,

RTH

When you say thermal, do you mean clip on? If so, options are slim.

Reactions: RTH1800
    That's a tough one as there are a lot of options out there depending on what you really want to do with the rifle. I'm assuming you're using this for hunting since you want to mount lights. Thermal is usually all contained in a scope, or do you mean IR? Or do you want to use one of those clip on thermal scopes that your regular scope looks through? If that's the case you'll want a chassis/stock with a full Pic rail (google "10/22 chassis with handguard". If not pretty much any chassis could be used to mount lights or other accessories to the front with M-Lok or M-Lok to Picatinny conversion attachments.

Next question would be weight. Will you be lugging this around the woods or are you mainly going to be setting up in one spot to hunt pests at home? If you want to lug it around a lot of the precision chassis might be a bit heavy. I have an MDT Oryx that I like, but I wouldn't want to carry it around for hours. The Magpul Hunter X-22 Stock or KRG Bravo could be decent options in that case. Both has M-Lok provisions up front and aren't too heavy.

Clip on unit that scope looks through.

Weight as light as practical

I can't remember if I put it in that other thread or not. If you are planning on the MI chassis, you can't have a bull barrel and use the 12 o clock Mlok slots. The Mlok backing will hit the barrel.

This might work for you (I don't think it works with the Kidd Supergrade but will with the normal Kidd 10/22): https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/1022bravo-chassis-rimfire/
    1699475723685.png

Clip on unit that scope looks through.

Weight as light as practical

Since you pretty much need a full pic rail, I would personally consider the Crazy Ivan chassis. No personal experience with it, but it looks solid, has great features, and seems well built.

Gun Tweaks did a review on it: https://www.guntweaks.com/crazy-ivan-1022-stock-review-and-test-2019.html

The bravo chassis sucks for the 10/22 imo. My action rocked in the chassis no matter what I did.
    Great centerfire chassis though.

The bravo chassis sucks for the 10/22 imo. My action rocked in the chassis no matter what I did.
    Great centerfire chassis though.

Agreed unless you have a Kidd Rear Tang installed. That's one of the reasons I went with the Oryx. The rear pinch system secures the action well. Also why I recommended looking at the Crazy Ivan chassis to @RTH1800. It has a rear set screw to secure the back of the action.

I guess there is always the option of running a night vision bridge on another chassis, but I don't think the KRG Bravo has enough m-lok slots to get the rail far enough back for the clip on unit.

1699478169504.png

The KRG night vision bridge is reversible so you will have plenty of room. You can't run any m-lock night vision hood on any chassis because all the widths are different. The stars would have to align for it to work out

The KRG night vision bridge is reversible so you will have plenty of room. You can't run any m-lock night vision hood on any chassis because all the widths are different. The stars would have to align for it to work out

Oh, I didn't realize they made one that would fit the Bravo. But looks like they updated it a while back with the bolt holes on top for mounting one

1699479578008.png

Looks like an excellent option in that case.

Brey Birch La Chassis DLX. It has a rear setscrew for securing the rear of the action in the chassis so no rear tang is needed. M-Lok as well as Arca Rail. KIDD Supergrade shown.

KIDD SG, GB, MDT,Bag Rider.jpeg

The XLR NV bridge is just slightly too wide to fit the grey birch. You can make it work if you squeeze it, but it's far from ideal.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman