• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis help, MDT ACC elite vs MPA Matrix

PB6creed

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2023
Tucson, AZ, United States
I am new to the PRS scene and am building my first PRS rifle. I really like both of these chassis but was hoping for advice from people who have shot both of these chassis or something similar. What were the things you liked and what didn't you like. Please let me know.

I own both, they both are very nice. I am partial to the Matrix pro, but really if you can get behind both I would try them both out. If you are referencing the original matrix vs the ACC then the ACC would win that. But the matrix pro vs the ACC, then the pro. Only gripe I have about the Mpa is the cheek rest support rods are too short to extend the height and still be able to lock them down. they sell longer ones for like 20 bucks which once changed out fixed that one issue. But overall it’s a great chassis. They both are. Also look at foundation stocks. I have never shot one but they are incredibly popular in prs and supposedly have a more dead recoil impulse vs a chassis.

IMO, the biggest differences are the grip and the forend bridges available. If you're talking about the Matrix Pro and no the regular matrix.

The ACC Elite grip is more of an overmolded rubber. The Matrix Pro is more of a hard plastic. You can also use regular A2/AR grips on the acc elite.

The ACC Elite has control and nvg bridges that can be placed anywhere on the forearm. The Matrix Pro (as far as I know) only has the small nvg rail all the way to the front which is too far away to grab via your support hand.

They are both very good chassis for the PRS game. I've shot both prior to choosing the Matrix Pro. I started out with the MPA BA Comp and the Matrix Pro allowed me to fit the chassis to my body so much better. It's already been said, but before making the purchase, it's highly recommended to ask an owner of each to get behind them and try them out. People in this game are more than willing to help.

An enhanced night vision bridge is available for the Matrix Pro, but must be purchased separately. The chassis does not come with it standard. Keep in mind, depending on the optic you choose, the longer night vision bridge may interfere with it and or dust caps if you run them in conjunction with a sun shade.

I highly recommend joining PRS (if you haven't already) for additional discounts from many manufacturers and retailers (scroll down at this link).

https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/memberships

PRS Rifle with second barrel.jpg

I prefer the MPA.
Made in America
The grip size and shape adjustability and finger support is unrivaled.
The quick extend bag rider is handier than you think it will be.
The wide forend is…wide.
Built in level is my preference.
I have had good experiences with their v block bedding system…including lots of in-chassis barrel changes and hard use with never a shift.
It looks better.

ACC is a great product too. You really won’t go wrong either way.