• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis/Inlet for Ultimatum Deadline

Andielouroo

Private Pyle
Supporter
Minuteman
May 10, 2017
Nevada
I recently picked up a Deadline action and had my smith put a barrel on it. Before I bought it I did some research on chassis that would fit it. I ended up ordering an MDT ACC chassis for Rem 700 SA after being told it would work with a modified mag catch.

Turns out the action apparently won’t fit in the chassis without some milling (according to my smith) and MDT says they are sending me a “washer spacer” to go on the rear action screw to make the chassis fit. The ACC chassis is excellent and I will likely keep it, but I’m obviously not real excited about using a washer between the action and the chassis and having to mill the chassis to make it fit the action.

I’m told XLR inlets for the Deadline action also, but I’m not sure if any other manufacturers do. Just thought I’d ask here to see if anyone else has experience with these actions and chassis that will fit. Any idea if KRG whiskey or MPA comp chassis will work? Any others?

Mpa said it will drop in but I know for a fact you have to shave the mag catch. Same with the krg. It's like 5 mins of work. The reason being is the bolt dia. Is .860 I believe so .110-160 bigger than any rem clone krg will sell you a replacement mag catch if you go with them. I did a magpul and had to do some milling but I knew that going in.

Reactions: Andielouroo
In a thread here (you’d have to search) MDT said they would specifically inlet for a Deadline if you asked at time of order. They were referring to the ACC chassis in the thread.

In a thread here (you’d have to search) MDT said they would specifically inlet for a Deadline if you asked at time of order. They were referring to the ACC chassis in the thread.

That’s what I was told too, so I called to place my order, specifying it was for Ultimatum deadline, and was told it would be taken care of and I’d be getting a shorter mag catch with the chassis. The chassis showed up without the shorter mag catch, so I called again and was told they’d ship the mag catch along with a “washer spacer” to install on the rear action screw.

When my smith went to put it all together (without the washer and mag catch because it still hasn’t come) he said he’d have to do some milling for it to fit.

I’m not super excited to use a washer for fitment and to have to mill out spots on a brand new $1400 chassis. I’ll talk to the MDT guys at SHOT this week and see what they say.

Reactions: Stag556
I'll be at SHOT, but I can clear up some confusion (hopefully) here too! As @matleez said, the Ultimatum Deadline has an oversized, 3 lug bolt, which means that they removed a ton of material to create a bore/raceway for the bolt to travel through. Whilst this allows for a short bolt throw and a very stiff bolt assembly, it results in the action not agreeing with a R700 SA/LA footprint chassis 100%.

Due to the bolt being so large, the magazines latch lower (-2.5mm) which is why we have to send you a new mag latch. Sorry about not getting that right the first time. Additionally, the trigger is also lowered and so is the sear channel, meaning that all of our LSS-XL Gen2's, ESS' and ACC's now have provisions to the lower safety and we have to include a washer for your rear action screw. The washer actually sits between the head of the rear action screw and the chassis, rather than the action and the chassis.

Additionally, I have run a few Deadlines in the ACC and I will recommend that you loctite the action screws and run them at 65 in/lbs (front) and 40 in/lbs (rear). If you have any questions, feel free to ask here, PM me or drop by the booth (1627)!

Josh

Thanks @MDT_Josh !I appreciate the clarification.

Since the washer sits between the screw head and the chassis, is the purpose of the washer to shorten the action screw? If so, can’t I just cut down the screw and omit the washer?

Have you guys experienced any trigger compatibility issues with the ACC and Ultimatum? I’m planning on a Huber, but my smith says the trigger area is where he will need to mill to make it fit.

ETA: To be completely clear, this was not a bash MDT thread. I love the feel of the chassis, and realize that my choice to use an uncommon action can sometimes cause problems. And no need to apologize about the shipping thing, not a big deal at all.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Have you consider to use AW magazine instead of AICS mag? It may work with normal mag catch.

Have you consider to use AW magazine instead of AICS mag? It may work with normal mag catch.

Good thought, but the way that magazines (AICS or AW) are captured by the action means they both use the same magazine latch and they will need to be shortened regardless.

Reactions: Stag556
Good thought, but the way that magazines (AICS or AW) are captured by the action means they both use the same magazine latch and they will need to be shortened regardless.
I have an AT308 and a M2008, both only work with AW magazine, AICS mag can not fully insert and engage with mag latch. Because of their bolt body is larger. It sounds like same situation as Deadline actoin. BTW, the M2008 is mounted on a AICS pattern chassis.

@MDT_Josh tried both Huber and Calvin Elite triggers on the Ultimatum action and neither fit in the ACC chassis. Both contact the chassis at the front of the trigger inlet.

I’m going to go chat with the Ultimatum guys tomorrow to see if something is up with the action.

On the other hand, I bolted a Cadex barreled action into the ACC and it’s excellent.

9F496D42-9D62-43BA-94F7-7A9C1EF90224.jpeg

@MDT_Josh tried both Huber and Calvin Elite triggers on the Ultimatum action and neither fit in the ACC chassis. Both contact the chassis at the front of the trigger inlet.

I’m going to go chat with the Ultimatum guys tomorrow to see if something is up with the action.

On the other hand, I bolted a Cadex barreled action into the ACC and it’s excellent.

View attachment 7011349
That's an interesting discovery as we have oversized the trigger inlet a ton to ensure that no triggers would contact the chassis when dropping them in. Granted, the only triggers that we have assembled on our Ultimatum Deadlines here are Trigger Techs, so we may have to order up a couple more Timneys and Hubers to test on the lower trigger hanger.

That's an interesting discovery as we have oversized the trigger inlet a ton to ensure that no triggers would contact the chassis when dropping them in. Granted, the only triggers that we have assembled on our Ultimatum Deadlines here are Trigger Techs, so we may have to order up a couple more Timneys and Hubers to test on the lower trigger hanger.

The guys at Ultimatum are going to be contacting me today to get some measurements to see if we can figure out what's going on. They said both of those triggers should fit fine, so there may be something out of spec on the action or trigger hanger. In the meantime, I'm actually going to grab a Trigger Tech Special from my gunsmith today to see if that fits.

The guys at Ultimatum are going to be contacting me today to get some measurements to see if we can figure out what's going on. They said both of those triggers should fit fine, so there may be something out of spec on the action or trigger hanger. In the meantime, I'm actually going to grab a Trigger Tech Special from my gunsmith today to see if that fits.
If the TT special doesn't fit, then I can guarantee that something is wrong. Keep me updated and I will work with the team at UP as need be :)

If the TT special doesn't fit, then I can guarantee that something is wrong. Keep me updated and I will work with the team at UP as need be :)

@MDT_Josh tried to drop the action with trigger into a MPA chassis last night and it dropped in just fine. Not sure what is causing the issue with the ACC fitment, but I’m glad that I got the action to work with something!

I just tried to installed my deadline barreled action into MDT ACC but there is def some fitment issues.

I ordered this MDT ACC chassis with deadline action inlet required in order note in Dec 2018 and I received short mag catch/release, one extra crushed washer and torqueing instruction for action screws(65 in/lbs front and 40 in/lbs rear).

Deadline barreled action was also ordered during boxing day sale in 2018 and I just received it yesterday(26th Feb 2019) and it has a low S/N,UP0007X. I need to use some lube and small hammer/punch to install two trigger hanger pins. Its a bit oversized IMO.

1- Threads won't catch with two washers on rear action screw( One normal washer, one crushed washer and both are provided by MDT),
2-Only able to torqued to 13 in/lbs with 1 washer installed on rear action screw. Bolt can't be cycled if I torqued rear action screw higher than 13 in/lbs
3-Riding mark right above pistol grip, connection point between chassis and stock area
4-Contact points around trigger housing (Trigger tech special rem700 trigger used)

I already contact MDT and awaiting for some feedbacks

Attachments

• CCA959A4-ED77-425C-8665-138E06F97B61.jpeg
    CCA959A4-ED77-425C-8665-138E06F97B61.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 126
  • B0DB9425-984F-4A87-A5DD-D23219CCC4F3.jpeg
    B0DB9425-984F-4A87-A5DD-D23219CCC4F3.jpeg
    349.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 68A83392-546A-4775-8C4D-195E2E5FD82E.jpeg
    68A83392-546A-4775-8C4D-195E2E5FD82E.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 416042B2-DDD5-4456-BA38-52F001149D85.jpeg
    416042B2-DDD5-4456-BA38-52F001149D85.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 121
  • C87175F5-8EF9-43A6-9B8D-9AFB0F336229.jpeg
    C87175F5-8EF9-43A6-9B8D-9AFB0F336229.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 137
  • 7D4AE956-B26C-4D65-8B87-5039F2855632.jpeg
    7D4AE956-B26C-4D65-8B87-5039F2855632.jpeg
    294.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
I just tried to installed my deadline barreled action into MDT ACC but there is def some fitment issues.

I ordered this MDT ACC chassis with deadline action inlet required in order note in Dec 2018 and I received short mag catch/release, one extra crushed washer and torqueing instruction for action screws(65 in/lbs front and 40 in/lbs rear).

Deadline barreled action was also ordered during boxing day sale in 2018 and I just received it yesterday(26th Feb 2019) and it has a low S/N,UP0007X. I need to use some lube and small hammer/punch to install two trigger hanger pins. Its a bit oversized IMO.

1- Threads won't catch with two washers on rear action screw( One normal washer, one crushed washer and both are provided by MDT),
2-Only able to torqued to 13 in/lbs with 1 washer installed on rear action screw. Bolt can't be cycled if I torqued rear action screw higher than 13 in/lbs
3-Riding mark right above pistol grip, connection point between chassis and stock area
4-Contact points around trigger housing (Trigger tech special rem700 trigger used)

I already contact MDT and awaiting for some feedbacks

I am on the support ticket for this one and I have some ideas for you ;) Don't worry, we'll ensure that we get things worked out!

Reactions: EDF339
I ended up having to go a different route with my Ultimatum. Just couldn’t get the ACC to work.

I am on the support ticket for this one and I have some ideas for you ;) Don't worry, we'll ensure that we get things worked out!

@MDT_Josh Thanks for the speedy CS and I can ship my ACC chassis with barreled action back for some works if that's needed.

Hey Josh, I’m having the same issue with the Deadline action binding up when the rear action screw is torqued down in my ACC. There seems to be a ton of induced stress in the action, preventing the bolt from cycling even remotely smoothly. The washer is sitting between the rear screw head and the chassis. No dice. It seems like there is a small gap between the bottom of the tang and the chassis. Are you talking about putting a washer there to act as a spacer? Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Hey Josh, I’m having the same issue with the Deadline action binding up when the rear action screw is torqued down in my ACC. There seems to be a ton of induced stress in the action, preventing the bolt from cycling even remotely smoothly. The washer is sitting between the rear screw head and the chassis. No dice. It seems like there is a small gap between the bottom of the tang and the chassis. Are you talking about putting a washer there to act as a spacer? Any other thoughts? Thanks!

I saw the support ticket from you too I believe! We are currently running a new run of chassis with some pretty significant changes that should solve your issues. I will be working with Ryan and Anthony here to ensure that we get your issues sorted out :)

I saw the support ticket from you too I believe! We are currently running a new run of chassis with some pretty significant changes that should solve your issues. I will be working with Ryan and Anthony here to ensure that we get your issues sorted out :)
That's great to hear! do you have ETA for new run of chassis ?

Thanks, Josh. Can you please let us know the details about the changes to the inlet? If it's just adding extra clearance to the trigger guard, I'll likely just get out the Dremel and get this chassis working, as I have a match in a little over a month, so would prefer not to wait several weeks for a replacement ACC. If you are changing more than just the trigger guard, I'll likely wait and swap this ACC out for the updated version.

I too had issues with binding when torqueing the action down to 65/40. Ultimatum sent me shim, it was placed just behind the rear action screw. I ran the action 60/60 and no longer have issues. My trigger is a TT, the chassis is a MDT ESS.

Hey Josh,

Any updates on this?

Thanks!

On Monday I tested the first ACC with the "Deadline fix" and it ran multiple full mags at 65/65 in/lbs front and rear. The production run is going ahead and we'll have some available for you guys out there that are having issues :) They are not for sale/on the site just yet, but we'll have them spooled up probably for next week or the following one?

Josh

On Monday I tested the first ACC with the "Deadline fix" and it ran multiple full mags at 65/65 in/lbs front and rear. The production run is going ahead and we'll have some available for you guys out there that are having issues :) They are not for sale/on the site just yet, but we'll have them spooled up probably for next week or the following one?

Josh
Hello Josh,

Does "Deadline fix" also mean there is no mag catch/release swap or modification require? Really hope that I can get it before end of March.

Hello Josh,

Does "Deadline fix" also mean there is no mag catch/release swap or modification require? Really hope that I can get it before end of March.

As of right now, I believe that the chassis that will fix the Deadline issues will still ship with the standard magazine latch, but if you are in contact with Ryan, Anthony or myself at customer support, we may be able to switch you out one!

Update-Got an email reply from MDT today and the “deadline fix” acc chassis won’t be ready until early April. I am not really impressed with this news at all

I have a Ultimatum action and I have it in a HS3 chassis. I have a washer between the rear of the action and the chassis to raise the rear end so the firing pin catch won't rub when cycling the bolt. I've been eyeballing the ACC chassis as an upgrade and I'm watching this closely!

I believe McMillan and Manners both inlet for them. I have 2 Ultimatums in Manners T4A mini-chassis cut for defiance, and all i had to do was dremel some clearance for the safety.

Reactions: Pgd
A bit off topic, but how solid is the deadline action when put up against some of the other actions. Advantages or disadvantages you've run into besits stock inlettings?

A bit off topic, but how solid is the deadline action when put up against some of the other actions. Advantages or disadvantages you've run into besits stock inlettings?

SOLID is the right word to describe the Deadline. Its built like a tank, and you can run it as hard as you want during a match. I've got about 3k rnds through it, with another 3k dry firing. I've had zero ejection/extraction issues, no light strikes, nothing. The bolt lift can be a little stiff at times, but if you run it hard, its awesome.

Any further word on this Josh? I've been waiting to purchase the ACC until it works with the deadline.

Still out for testing unfortunately. Our initial fix worked 90% but we still had some minor issues that needed to be worked out. Should have feedback soon for another prototype run or a production go-ahead.

Wow! MDT_Josh has gone above and beyond answering questions which seems to be par for the course with MDT in general. Hell they send a Mr. Fix it Van to 2 day matches to help shooters fix issues that come up with anything. Really spectacular and I'm sure they will take care of everyone working through kinks.

I know JP's new MR-19 bolt gun uses the Deadline action and they do nothing special to fit them to their APAC chassis. Just another option among a list of great choices like MDT for folks looking around.

Reactions: Pgd and MDT_Josh
Still out for testing unfortunately. Our initial fix worked 90% but we still had some minor issues that needed to be worked out. Should have feedback soon for another prototype run or a production go-ahead.

Thank you sir. Looking forward to getting one when it's ready to go.

Reactions: Pgd and MDT_Josh

Any more feedback Josh?

There was a conversation brought up in the “MDT ACC CHASSIS “ thread about the Deadline inlet. I followed up with another question below;
Is the Deadline inlet still in the works? Should I be waiting for it to be released? Thanks!

This was answered in the “MDT ACC Chassis” thread;

We are still looking into making something for the Deadline but do not have a time frame right now on when or if it will be available.

Link;

I’ve been holding out for the ACC myself. Thats where I first saw the action as something I wanted to build. Because what a perfect match, a user adaptable chassis with an action the user can change barrels and bolt faces. I know there is an option for shims but for a high end build like this... I don’t like it. I see guys running them. I hear mixed reviews. What to do what to do!

I’ve been holding out for the ACC myself. Thats where I first saw the action as something I wanted to build. Because what a perfect match, a user adaptable chassis with an action the user can change barrels and bolt faces. I know there is an option for shims but for a high end build like this... I don’t like it. I see guys running them. I hear mixed reviews. What to do what to do!

Yes, the Deadline is a great action in design giving you the option of changing calibers without changing the actual action. We have been working on something for it but getting a design that works 100%, 100% of the time out of the box has been an issue. There are a lot of guys that will run the Deadline in our chassis and either shim or bed the rear tang or just run a lowered torque spec on the rear action screw and don't have any issues.

Why is a shim needed under tang? The bottom of action is on the same plane, front receiver ring and tang. The only issues in most stocks is the trigger hanger, rear bedding area needs clearance in front of screw. The bolt cocking piece can drag on stock, aics or sentinel(older ones without groove). Sounds like most chassis are pretty well drop in, with exception of mag catch, shorter rear screw, and checking for clearance of trigger hanger and cocking piece. Seems like adding a shim between tang and chassis, and not front, would add stress to action once its torqued in.

Reactions: jzwolen and Pgd
Why is a shim needed under tang? The bottom of action is on the same plane, front receiver ring and tang. The only issues in most stocks is the trigger hanger, rear bedding area needs clearance in front of screw. The bolt cocking piece can drag on stock, aics or sentinel(older ones without groove). Sounds like most chassis are pretty well drop in, with exception of mag catch, shorter rear screw, and checking for clearance of trigger hanger and cocking piece. Seems like adding a shim between tang and chassis, and not front, would add stress to action once its torqued in.

The shim is a temporary fix for the Deadline in our chassis and solves a "conflict" in geometry between our V-Block and their action. I'll send you a PM to explain more.

Reactions: 6brshooter
MDT ACC chassis with deadline inlets are on the MDTTAC.com site now!

Right-handed only.... ?‍♂️ Just cut a slot in the other side on all of them and be done with it. Sorry, left-handed angst.... Just means I have to shop for a different brand.