• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis lop

Sparky4sparky

Private
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2023
Michigan
Recently picked up a begara b-14 hunting in 308. Was looking for chassis system or stock that would give me 12.5” lop. Any thoughts on Remington 700 sa stock or chassis?

Recently picked up a begara b-14 hunting in 308. Was looking for chassis system or stock that would give me 12.5” lop. Any thoughts on Remington 700 sa stock or chassis?

You need to narrow things down a little more than "12.5" lop" - it's sort of like saying, "I need a car with at least two doors..."

Purpose, weight, features, budget

Mdt hnt 26 is right at 12.5 without any the spacers installed. It's very light and folds as well. Really like the chassis personally. Beings this is a hunting model with a lighter contour barrel, I'd stick to a lighter chassis. The xlr element 4.0 aluminum chassis isn't too heavy and runs buffer tube style butt stocks, you can pretty much customize to you're needs at that point.

You can get a KRG X-Ray down to almost 12" with the slim buttpad. It's roughly 12 5/8" with the factory pad.

Reactions: Sparky4sparky
I have the same need as you.
MDT has a short buttstock for several of their chassis systems.

You can buy the HNT as suggested above or the XRS chassis and without spacers have a 12.5” LOP.

I have an LSS-XL with the fixed interface.
When mated with the Skeleton Rifle Stock Short (SRS Short) gives you a LOP of 12.5”.

I also have an ACC Premier chassis with the XTN interface which uses the SRS-X Premier Short buttstock to give you a 12.5” LOP.

In both cases you need to order the chassis, buttstock, and grip separately.
It comes out to the exact same price as buying the kit.

If you order a vertical grip the Premier Vertical Grip has less girth than the Elite Vertical Grip.
Both can be adjusted forward and backwards for proper positioning of the finger on the trigger.

Last edited:
XLR can get you as low as 10.5" with their short buffer tube
Length Of Pull (LOP)
  • Short Buffer: 10 1/2" - 13 1/4"
  • Short Buffer W/Folder: 12" - 15"
  • Contoured Buffer: 12" - 15"
  • Long Buffer W/Folder: 13 1/4" - 16 1/2"