• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

chassis opinion

which chassis

• Total voters

ohhowtheturntables

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2023
tn
I am doing a gun build for a defiance tenacity action with the goal of getting into prs and other matches. Ive narrowed it down to 3 and was hoping for some opinions. MPA BA Comp, Whiskey 3 comp, and MDT ACC. Ive heard the KRG is flimsy, the MPA has feeding issues, and the MDT is Canadian (don't get but hurt). I know its all depending on the shooter and etc but just looking for your experience with these specific chassis. Thanks

MDT ACC- flimsy hinge mechanisms.

I am doing a gun build for a defiance tenacity action with the goal of getting into prs and other matches. Ive narrowed it down to 3 and was hoping for some opinions. MPA BA Comp, Whiskey 3 comp, and MDT ACC. Ive heard the KRG is flimsy, the MPA has feeding issues, and the MDT is Canadian (don't get but hurt). I know its all depending on the shooter and etc but just looking for your experience with these specific chassis. Thanks
Forgot MDT JAE. ;-). Well, this one is OG MDT but MDT did some nice stuff with their version.

IMG_0987.jpeg

MDT ACC- flimsy hinge mechanisms.

Funny, I've had an ACC w folder for a couple of years now (rifle is getting close to needing it's 3rd barrel) and it still locks up tight in the extended position. It's probably the best folding stock I've owned.

I have 2 MPA BA, one with TL3 and another with a Vudoo gen 1 and neither have feeding issues. I think the design is a little older, maybe missing a few features that the other two have. Example, it's not flat in front of the magwell so you can't push the rifle into barricades without attachments, fore end is shorter than the ACC so I believe you can't place as many weights, etc. I've been eyeballing the newer chassis like the C4 or ACC elite but I can't really justify the cost for those....

Reactions: ohhowtheturntables
KRG should offer the C4 in folding, and MPA the Matrix in folding. Left handed folding versions too.

I've owned both the W3 and MPA. Sold the W3, and bought an MPA. However, MDT ACC has been perfect in every way for me. Their CS is insanely helpful, their prices are not too bad considering, and their stuff comes with feature after feature.

Did you say you wanted a folder? I didn’t think so.

What you really want is an MPA Matrix Pro. It’s my favorite of the various chassisseses that I’ve owned.

Of your three choices, MDT ACC. Their products are terrific, the CS is exceptional, THEY PUT PRODUCT ON PRIZE TABLES.

KRG w3 gets my vote. I wouldn’t say there are any particular negatives with any of those options other than the MDT and MPA don’t look as good as the KRG. Just pick the one you like the best. I highly recommend trying them first

I've had an MPA Matrix, MDT ACC, and AI AXSR. The AI, imo, is superior to the others. It is made of 7075 aluminum instead of the 6xxx aluminum used on the others. This makes for a much more substantial feel and doesn't have the weird ping sound when dry firing.

It also has the best recoil pad setup of any stock or chassis I've ever felt. I love being able to adjust the buttstock to my shoulder instead of adjusting my body to the stock. I don't understand why other manufacturers don't offer this. It is also super quick to adjust.

So I'd say check out an AT-X chassis.
Second would be the MPA Matrix, I really liked the ergonomics of the grip.
Third would be the MDT ACC--wonderful chassis, just not as nice as the AI and lacking some of the features of the Matrix

I'm smitten with MDT's LSS-XL Gen 2 - it just suits me and my action. I did opt to use an XLR Buttstock. I have zero complaints about MDT and use a bunch of their stuff. If I ever build another bolt gun I'll use the same combination more than likely.

MDTChassi_XLRButtStock.jpg

VooDoo

I'd suggest a Manners TCS... not just because it's a great stock/chassis, but also because at ~$1500 it comes 99.9% ready to go as it ships and is a great deal. A TCS is actually cheaper than all of the ones you listed if you factor in the added cost of the weights and stuff you'll need to add to the others to get them dialed like most guys actually run them (for a balanced ~20ish pound rig).

The hard part is finding one in-stock.

They are new to the precision rifle market, but S2Delta has a complete chassis out and available now. Comes in at less than $550. I shot the prototype last year and the fit and finish was amazing. All engineered and made in the USA. Ambidextrous, to include the cheek riser on the buttstock, M-lok fore end, and integral ARCA rail. Check them out.

They are new to the precision rifle market, but S2Delta has a complete chassis out and available now. Comes in at less than $550. I shot the prototype last year and the fit and finish was amazing. All engineered and made in the USA. Ambidextrous, to include the cheek riser on the buttstock, M-lok fore end, and integral ARCA rail. Check them out.
Looks very good, and for under $489 on sale now.

Wow, for the money that S2Delta looks impressive... still, on the lower end, IMO a KRG Bravo is still the go-to.

A kitted-out Bravo (to the tune of ~$700ish with weights and shit) can hang with the best stocks/chassis' out there.

I ran an MDT ACC for over a year in PRS and had to constantly make changes to it and modify it to get it to run as well as one of my MPA Matrix or Matrix Pro chassis. I bedded the ACC, added thumb rests, added an aluminum skeleton for rigidity when not running internal weights, and modified the weight gate to accept 1.25 barrels which had to be done because the BA wouldn't sit center in the ACC but did in matrix chassis. All and all I loved the ACC because it was my first love in PRS as far as a chassis goes but the Matrix chassis is by far the best you can get. Also have never had feeding issues with it running 6GT, 6 Dasher, 6BRA, 6BR, 6 Comet, 6XC, and 6.5 Creedmoor. That is also running metal MDT mags or Magpul poly mags. With the mag latch being adjustable even if you had issues you can simply tune them out.

Even after all the changes I made to the ACC I never could get it to run as well as my Matrix so I sold it and every accessory they offer for it and bought another Matrix Pro instead.

I've had a TL3 in an MPA comp chassis for about 5 years now, and my barrel is chambered in 6 Dasher, so if there's a cartridge that's known to have feeding issues it's mine, but I've never had a single issue since assembling the rifle.

I have an original BA and the new ESR. Though they look very similar, they are very different. They set up different.

I had feeding issues with a 6GT that was essentially cleared by a small adjustment to the magazine release. Easy to do and reliable.

Now Magazines can be more of an issue than the chassis. In our days in Vietnam, we learned, never load more than 18 rounds in a 20 round magazine and 28 rounds in a 30 round magazine. So, there may be ways to make a ten round magazine to work fine with 10 rounds, but my simple solution is to use 12 rounders. (It worked when we Really Needed it to work)

I like the MPA and would recommend them but I would also love to try a Manners TCS.

I have a McMillan Game Hunter and an MPA Hybrid Chassis. For bench/prone plinking, I think I lean toward the chassis over that particular stock. I really like the adjustability of the cheek piece, and the feel of that vertical grip and thumb shelf. I do realize there are stocks out there with those same features, but I do not own one. For target shooting, I vote chassis

It's not on the list, but a KRG C4 would be my vote. Yeah, it's a little pricey, but the adjustable magwell is something nobody's talking about.
My top 100 list of fav's:
1- KRG C4
2- KRG W3
3- ARC Xylo
4- MDT ACC Elite
5-99- pick something not MPA
100- anything MPA

I currently own an MDT LSS-XL and an XRS rifle chassis.
The only negative on the LSS-XL is that the forend is not very rigid. An ARCA rail helped immensely. No complaints on the XRS which is on a CZ457.
I have an ACC on the way which should be here next Tuesday for my Ultimatum Deadline build.
I require a 12.5” LOP.
MDT has their Skeleton Rifle Stock available in standard and short lengths.

I would like to buy a Cadex since they are local to me but without a 12.5” LOP it’s a no go.

Last edited:
I have mpa and mdt. I have 0 issues with mpa feeding.

One trick that has made it great for me is, use the adjustable magazine height to adjust to where you need it, ensure it is perfect. On e verified use jb weld to hold the adjustment in place, this ensure that little s few won’t wiggle loose after firing.

Once I did this my mpa has been flawless and I like it better than my mdt. However they are both awesome and it’s really just preference at this point.

I have mpa and mdt. I have 0 issues with mpa feeding.

One trick that has made it great for me is, use the adjustable magazine height to adjust to where you need it, ensure it is perfect. On e verified use jb weld to hold the adjustment in place, this ensure that little s few won’t wiggle loose after firing.

Once I did this my mpa has been flawless and I like it better than my mdt. However they are both awesome and it’s really just preference at this point.