• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis selection for forward mount NV/thermal

sevensixtwo

Private
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2017
Hello my fellows!

I have bought an Impact 737R (20MOA taper) and am chambering a heavy palma in 22 Creedmoor. I'd like a quality chassis with a forward NV/thermal mount and am wondering if any members have a preferred choice for brands, and even ring heights if using the same gear. Centreline of the thermal clip-on is 39mm (1.53").

Thanks.

This is something that most chassis guns do well these days.
I run KRG for my forward NV stuff and it always does well. I'm not sure if your action will work with a monolith type one, but the forward rail type ones work fine too.

I’d recommend KRG. All of their NV mount configurations will work with the heavy Palma as well.

Hello my fellows!

I have bought an Impact 737R (20MOA taper) and am chambering a heavy palma in 22 Creedmoor. I'd like a quality chassis with a forward NV/thermal mount and am wondering if any members have a preferred choice for brands, and even ring heights if using the same gear. Centreline of the thermal clip-on is 39mm (1.53").

Thanks.
Check out our Xylo chassis. Everything forward of the sliding butt assembly is machined from one big and expensive chunk of 7075, the strong aluminum, as opposed to 6061 which is the cheap stuff. The 20 MOA NV bridge connects to the forfend of the chassis by way of six conical head screws which work to draw together a serrated interface between said fore-end and bridge thereby unitizing the two. I'm not aware of a better system available from anyone. Some chassis have tubular fore-ends with 12 o'clock rails but as far as I know, those fore-ends are bolted to the portion of the chassis to which the receive and scope are attached. That's kind of a shitty place for a joint considering the fact that bipods are usually connected to the fore-end and invariably impart significant loads to the joint. That's not so say the a connect can't be designed to withstand those loads, but was it? That's not something you need to worry about with our chassis. Check us out and thanks for your consideration.

Ted

Reactions: Hkmiller
Check out our Xylo chassis. Everything forward of the sliding butt assembly is machined from one big and expensive chunk of 7075, the strong aluminum, as opposed to 6061 which is the cheap stuff. The 20 MOA NV bridge connects to the forfend of the chassis by way of six conical head screws which work to draw together a serrated interface between said fore-end and bridge thereby unitizing the two. I'm not aware of a better system available from anyone. Some chassis have tubular fore-ends with 12 o'clock rails but as far as I know, those fore-ends are bolted to the portion of the chassis to which the receive and scope are attached. That's kind of a shitty place for a joint considering the fact that bipods are usually connected to the fore-end and invariably impart significant loads to the joint. That's not so say the a connect can't be designed to withstand those loads, but was it? That's not something you need to worry about with our chassis. Check us out and thanks for your consideration.

Ted
Hi Ted,

I sent in a specific request to ARC on your website tonight for info as I really like the look of the Xylo chassis. Given the quality of the action/optic I have I think it would be a good fit. Just wondering if you would know how high a set of rings would be on the optic with a 50mm objective (ATACR 4-20x50) to align with this setup using a clip-on with a centreline of 39mm. I'm thinking pretty high.

Thanks

Hi Ted,

I sent in a specific request to ARC on your website tonight for info as I really like the look of the Xylo chassis. Given the quality of the action/optic I have I think it would be a good fit. Just wondering if you would know how high a set of rings would be on the optic with a 50mm objective (ATACR 4-20x50) to align with this setup using a clip-on with a centreline of 39mm. I'm thinking pretty high.

Thanks
I just sent a PM to you.

Ted

The PDC chassis is what I prefer for NV because you have a ton of adjustability on the NV rail both up and down and fore/aft. Leave your scope where you want it, and adjust your NV to meet it. Not the other way around.

The PDC chassis is what I prefer for NV because you have a ton of adjustability on the NV rail both up and down and fore/aft. Leave your scope where you want it, and adjust your NV to meet it. Not the other way around.

Seconded, and for the same reasons. The PDC NV bridge is fantastic.