• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis selection

NJRaised

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Port Murray NJ
Just picked up a bighorn origin in 223 with a 24” proof tube. I am having a hard time picking a chassis out. I don’t want to skimp, but I also see no reason to break the bank to excess.

Mostly will be a bench gun, with a possibility of prs down the road.

The envy has my attention as does the whiskey .

I have a lot of guys saying go bravo, so it must be good, but it looks/feels so cheap. I don’t wanna skimp on my first custom. I know looks aren’t everything though .

I’d like to be in the 500-800$ range but can wiggle a little .

Thanks

look for a used and figure out if PRS ever comes ... who knows .... by the time that comes your "wiggle" chassis may just be a flavor of the day by then

Just picked up a bighorn origin in 223 with a 24” proof tube. I am having a hard time picking a chassis out. I don’t want to skimp, but I also see no reason to break the bank to excess.

Mostly will be a bench gun, with a possibility of prs down the road.

The envy has my attention as does the whiskey .

I have a lot of guys saying go bravo, so it must be good, but it looks/feels so cheap. I don’t wanna skimp on my first custom. I know looks aren’t everything though .
'
I’d like to be in the 500-800$ range but can wiggle a little .

Thanks
I'm new to long range shooting and was in the process of building my first rifle. I wanted a chassis because I had become comfortable with my AR platforms. Also, I wanted the modularity that some chassis systems offer, particularly the ability to change grips and stocks. I bought a used XLR Envy and have no regrets. I have swapped stocks with my AR's but have now returned to the original XLR stock. The chassis has become very comfortable to me now and accuracy at distance is coming around. In all fairness I haven't handled any of the other popular brands except the Magpul. I actually liked it and it comes standard with folding stock.