• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis?

xdeano

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2005
North Dakota
Im looking at an mpa. But if there is a better chassis please give me your thoughts.

Xdeano

There is an abundance of excellent chassis systems available. In selecting a chassis, it's more a matter of personal preference for the ergonomics and what accessories and features you want rather than one being better than another. Get behind as many as you can, you'll probably find one type feels better.

Ive tried XLR, MPA, KRG, MDT, Magpul, and AI chassis. All of them work great, none of them will hold you back persay, as stated, it all comes down to personal preference, and what you wanna do.

I can say a couple things:

XLR has my vote for best customer service! They are super patient and friendly on the phone, and were willing to send out parts and replace anything i needed at the drop of a hat.

MPA was the most comfortable chassis in my opinion, and has the most competition related features.

I havent tried the new MDT ESS chassis, so i cant speak to that, but their LSS chassis are best suited for field/hunting work than competition in my opinion. Its light and nothing gets in the way.

The KRG whiskey 3 i had was really cool, and they recently added stuff to their line of accesories that makes it really attractive for competition use, the only reason im not currently in a KRG is because i personally did not find the square-ish grip as comfy as an AR-type ergo deluxe grip that can be put on other chassis. KRG has other options like the Xray and Bravo as well, both look really good, and i bet id like the Bravo's grip a lot.

The Magpul chassis i had was the Hunter 700. I used it to shoot something while i waited and saved for the heavier competition oriented MPA chassis. The Hunter 700 was okay. It let the rifle perform to its capabilities, but i found the grip angle a little strange. Its cheap and tough though!

Take from this what you will, again, this is all personal opinion, they all work fantastic for what theyre made for and have long track records you can trust. You may find the KRg to be the most comfy chassis in the world and hate the MPA, its all personal!

My favorite by far is MPA. Though i don't run a chassis i run stocks. I've used an X-ray, McRee, XLR Evolution, and now currently have an MPA while i wait on my PRS 2. It's by far the most comfortable chassis i've been behind, that 90 degree grip is perfect for precision rifle shooting.

Well I was able to shoot a guys mpa rifle BA comp chassis on two stages and it just felt so nice compared to my manners with mini chassis. I just thought id ask to see if anyone else had an opinion. I appreciate all the responses.
Xdeano.

Like my KRG. Like my MPA. Like the J Allen and will end up with one. Liked the tf4a i used (see myself getting a prs1 too) They all do something a little different and at different price points.

MPA all day. Once I tried one after shooting Manners and McMillan for years, it fit like a glove and just felt better.
I just ordered another for a new build.

Not sure why it posted a link to another rifle above, and I can't figure out how to edit posts, but anyway....MPA Lite for a 6BR attached to a Bighorn Origin.

My opinion is a bit biased but we have put a lot of effort into making our chassis the most versatile chassis there is. Our Envy is arguably one of the best competition chassis there is. We have made a lot of changes this year and made many options available to help you, the shooter, tune the system to your needs. Here are a couple of pics from the PRS JC Steel High Mountain Shootout this past weekend! Full-length RRS rails, adjustable barricade stops, bag riders, heavy/lite options, plus much more! Plus it is just plain sexy! lol

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

My opinion is a bit biased but we have put a lot of effort into making our chassis the most versatile chassis there is. Our Envy is arguably one of the best competition chassis there is. We have made a lot of changes this year and made many options available to help you, the shooter, tune the system to your needs. Here are a couple of pics from the PRS JC Steel High Mountain Shootout this past weekend! Full-length RRS rails, adjustable barricade stops, bag riders, heavy/lite options, plus much more! Plus it is just plain sexy! lol

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg
I’ve had 4 of your chassis and absolutely love them. I have an Envy on the way to try out for a switch barrel. I’ve been looking for a bag rider but can’t find one on your site. Is the one pictures available from XLR?

I have 2 MPA stocks but I just switched my main rifle over to an AI AT chassis,much prefer the AI,but that’s just me.

I’ve had 4 of your chassis and absolutely love them. I have an Envy on the way to try out for a switch barrel. I’ve been looking for a bag rider but can’t find one on your site. Is the one pictures available from XLR?

That is a prototype from our first batch. We have them in production now and will be adding them to the site shortly! Feel free to call in the order if you would like though.