• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

chassis

CarbonMTN

224 Overbore
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
NV
After you guys have upgraded your chassis do you keep the factory one?

I have a tikka t3x that I put in a KRG and wondering do I keep the factory chassis, try to sell it or just throw it in the recycle bin?

I sold my original Savage Accu Stock to a Dude that could use it......I had no use for it after I put my Savage 10 in an MDT LSS XL Gen2 chassis and it was too nice to just toss. And the original magazine as well.

VooDoo

Reactions: Newbie2020
That Tikka factory chassis is not junk. Someone can use it to upgrade from a conventional style hunting stock. I sold my magpul hunter 700 after I switched to an XLR. Everything has value at the right price.

You'd be surprised how much a factory box adds to your selling value too. I'd hang onto the chassis and the original box. If you ever decide to part with the rifle, put the original back on and sell it in factory box.

TM6