• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis

iukamedic

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2017
I had a 6mm dasher built earlier this year. I have it in a manners t2a with mini chassis. My whole idea behind the caliber was to begin shooting some prs. I have a load that I like and scope I enjoy but looking to change to a chassis type set up. I have a tikka 223 to make a trainer out of and just like some opinions on a chassis system to utilize for both. I would like some continuity between the two. I’ve looked at all types but haven't had my hands on any chassis. I realize that opinions are subjective but I feel like there is some one out there that has done this same thing. Thanks in advance.

I had a 6mm dasher built earlier this year. I have it in a manners t2a with mini chassis. My whole idea behind the caliber was to begin shooting some prs. I have a load that I like and scope I enjoy but looking to change to a chassis type set up. I have a tikka 223 to make a trainer out of and just like some opinions on a chassis system to utilize for both. I would like some continuity between the two. I’ve looked at all types but haven't had my hands on any chassis. I realize that opinions are subjective but I feel like there is some one out there that has done this same thing. Thanks in advance.
I’d stick with the manners mini chassis since that’s what you like. More of a mental or muscle memory type of thing. Lots of other great chassis out but I’d stick with what I like if I were you.

Reactions: iukamedic
Look at the KRG Bravo. Best of both worlds and they are pratically free!

I have two MPA BA Comp chassis and one MDT ACC chassis. Chocolate and vanilla ice cream. They're both great. @reubenski addresses major points to be considered. The ACC's super-long fore end can be really helpful on some props and it can also get in the way (I had to cut a piece out of a shelf slot in my safe to allow the rifle to fit fit).

Both have vertical grips. Once I got used to mine - it didn't take but one range session - I haven't wanted to mess with standard grips since.

For me, a major point in favor of MDT is the support you get from the company. I've had a number of sales / support interactions with them over the past few years, and they're as good as you can get to deal with. I know for a fact that the executive level of the company is accessible and pays attention to feedback from their customer base. Their products come with a 30-day return policy, so if you don't like it you can send it back.

Both my MPA chassis came as part of finished rifles (a custom I bought from a friend and my Vudoo) so I have essentially no direct experience with MPA.

Here's my Defiance-based 6.5CM in the MDT ACC. That's a 26-inch barrel plus the length of the APA brake and 1/4" for the tuner (whose sleeve is to the rear of the muzzle threads).
(Edit: Actually that's the .223 barrel on the action)

Good luck.
IMG_2902.jpeg

I like my krg w3 & bravos and the bravo’s are inexpensive. My mdt chassis is damn nice too. My favorite rifle has a Mcmillan a3-5 stock but stick with what you know and works best for you since it’s for competing.

Thanks for all the advise. I’m going to go to a match that’s close this weekend and see if I can put my hands on some different stocks. The manners looked good when I hand my rifle built and it feels good. Just seems like the chassis are more set up for prs type shooting. The biggest grip with manners is your stuck with what ever length of pull. I have tried the bravo and the xray. I did not like the cheek rest on the X-ray. Thanks again for y’all’s invite.

You can get a short LOP from manners.

I've had a 12.5" PRS1

Its the grip to trigger for me that I don't like

You can get a short LOP from manners.

I've had a 12.5" PRS1

Its the grip to trigger for me that I don't like
Mine was to short. I cut the foam part of the but pad off and added a thicker pad. Manners said there turn around was greater than 2 months at that time. Took a lot of work but turned out good. The grip is a little weird. Nice to shoot off a rest but different when your in a bind.

Have been running McRee about the last 10 years and haven't looked back. Like the folders for transport and easy access to cleaning.

ARCA rails added as shown in tripod pic.

Attachments

• mcree.jpg
    mcree.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20201206_123812.jpg
    20201206_123812.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Seems like you are happy with the Mcree, if you are looking to try something different, the Manners TCS is good. A little more information would help us point you in the right direction.