• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis

Slockem

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2018
Looking for recommendations on a chassis. Currently looking at an oryx. Anyone have any insight? Good,bad? Thanks

What action footprint and what are you using it for?

Hard to wrong with a krg or mdt

Happy XLR owner here. Great customer service and wide range of options.
And, no I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

I'm running an MDT chassis (LSS-XL Gen 2) with an XLR Buttstock (discontinued Extreme unit) and would highly recommend both MDT and XLR for someone looking to go Chassis/Modular. Good stuff and well supported.

VooDoo

Have a bunch of KRG chassis', Bravo's, X-Ray's and a W3; extremely happy with all of them!

Recently picked up an Oryx (for a Savage) and like it a lot as well, though, it is a bit heavier, but very well made.

Really comes down to personal preference. If possible, try one out before buying so you can get a feel for it first.

Best of luck!

Edit to add: I used to own a McRee chassis, used to....

Last edited:
I have a couple MDT and a few McRee. I really like the McRee G7 and G10 folding chassis for a 308. Built like a tank. Folding chassis makes cleaning the rifle a little easier. Mine have the ARCA rail machined in the forend, so you can use ARCA bipod on it, or just throw on a bipod stud. Don't have an oryx, but the owner of this site said they are good for their price. PM me if you want detailed pics of mine in REM700 308.

I started with an Oryx sa r700. The butt pad did not feel comfortable. I tried a LSS also. Same with the butt pad, just not comfortable to me. I like the KRG x-ray and wiskey 3. The KRG bravo has a grip that is to big. Your mileage may vary. Good luck with your search!

Great answers, but someone move this to the bolt action thread where it belongs before things go tragically wrong.......

MDT, MPA, KRG, XLR, AI.
They all can build a solid rifle.
Choose the whistles and bells that best suit you.
When you get tired of overworking your rear bag on damned near all of them give me a shout.

R
SHOUT!!!!!! What is your solution to rear bags?

SHOUT!!!!!! What is your solution to rear bags?
Tbag you with it and you will love it, ya weirdo!!!

Also, if your bag is near your rear, you may need tighty whiteys over boxers

Chassis? Im a pretty big fan of the chassis on Salma Hayek.

• Haha
Reactions: Two36
Have you been drinking again?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😇
again???

Who quit?

Was very much dead sober, not even a sip of a beer when I posted that.
Just finding levity in this world and whats happening.

Its tough sitting around in a plate carrier all day, waiting for the nutjobs to attack my place with my huge "GOD BLESS CLARENCE THOMAS AND THE SCOTUS" sign out front. (yes, wired up with an electric fence set up in case they try to steal or vandalize it)

figured it was like donuts and bacon for baiting bears.... Nothin yet. Gonna flip on my lights I set to light it up and see if they get stupid after dark.

Have more guns, mags, and ammo set up than the crew set up to frame that guy in Vegas while they shot civilians with a belt fed.

Reactions: Average guy
again???

Who quit?

Its tough sitting around in a plate carrier all day, waiting for the nutjobs to attack my place with my huge "GOD BLESS CLARENCE THOMAS AND THE SCOTUS" sign out front. (yes, wired up with an electric fence set up in case they try to steal or vandalize it)

figured it was like donuts and bacon for baiting bears.... Nothin yet. Gonna flip on my lights I set to light it up and see if they get stupid after dark.

Have more guns, mags, and ammo set up than the crew set up to frame that guy in Vegas while they shot civilians with a belt fed.
Go next door and buy a bunch of weed, light it up in the yard and chum them in....

again???

Who quit?

Have you taught your little one to reload mags for you?

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
MDT, MPA, KRG, XLR, AI.
They all can build a solid rifle.
Choose the whistles and bells that best suit you.
When you get tired of overworking your rear bag on damned near all of them give me a shout.

R
Best bag rider in the business

Reactions: abn31c
Don't bother searching the other couple hundred threads exactly like this