• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheap ARCA rail vs. Area419

MMH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2013
Need to get some rails for my rifles. A rail from Area419 is around $100, but they make nice stuff. Can get a Leofoto for $30. Is the $70 premium worth it?

If you run the 419 Arca lock clamp then their proprietary rail with the scalloped edges is essential. You can take the pins out of the clamp, but that defeats the purpose of the clamp/scallops to lock everything in place.

If you're running a standard arca swiss clamp, then the Area 419 rail isn't essential.
Otherwise, (subjective) milled aluminum is milled aluminum.

I put Area 419 rails and clamps on all my rifles / bipods for no brain damage compatibility. Grab one and go. Never get to the range or out in the field and have an "oh shit, I grabbed the wrong one" moment.

Not sure what chassis you have but Nelson precision is a great quality option that is less than the A419 rail.

Do not have a chassis. I have a Manners T2A B&C M40 stock
So you'll be doing some work to both of your stocks regardless which option you select then, I believe. In which case I would take a look at the Nelson rail, it's 12" long and $60. They have a 10" version as well which might work better for a stock, not sure. If it says out of stock call and ask them if they have one.