• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

cheap ass .223 bullets?

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
I know "cheap" is relative anymore, but I need to make up a buttload of 55 or 62gr close range training rounds. They don't need to be "precision" capable, just good enough to hit a head at 100 yards.

I would rather not spend the cash on SMK's and I can't seem to find anyone with military pull-downs or surplus in stock.

Anyone have any leads? I have been concentrating on the bolt gun so much I have totally neglected non-department funded carbine training.

Re: cheap ass .223 bullets?

I have some old stock (early 80's) Hornady 55 gr. FMJ that you can have if you want them. I won't be home for another week or so but can get a count of them then. I should have at least 2000, maybe as many as 4-5000. Price negotiable, will consider trades for 308 components.

Until the buying frenzy ends I'd say you are SOL. On the other hand, my gunshop has a bargain section and you'd be amazed at what shows up. I recently bought bricks of primers for $15. And thousands of pull down 308's at an average of under 8cents each. And thousands of .308 and 30-06 brass at about 5 cents each. And 20 or so lbs of various powders at an average of $10 a pound. It is a great gunshop but it can't be the only one. Look around, you might be surprised. And don't turn your nose up at the local auctions and yard sales either.

Check here from time to time (like every few minutes
grin.gif
)

They have come in and out of stock a couple of times in the last month.

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278|281|293|324|696

I was going to say wideners as well. They HAD 6k 224 in the 55 grain flaovrs a couple weeks ago for like 460 shipped. Thats about as cheap as you are going to find them I do believe.

Berry's Bullets, Montana Gold, and those are the only other ones that I can think of at the moment.

Why don't you contact Sierra , Hornady and Berger and ask for any seconds explain that they are for Government use and you will take them in bulk with no fancy packaging .
You might get a real good price.

Country,
Does Sierra sell seconds? I have used Noslers "Seconds" and they we great. Do they have a site or is it a phone call kinda thang?