• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheap Mausers

packratt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2005
VA
Who has cheap Mausers? Looking for a couple project guns. Condition can suck as long as the parts are there.

I was hoping for sub $170. I can find Spanish mausers in good shape for that.

Which action are you looking for, small ring, large ring, turk, Yugo? What do you plan on doing, chop and scout, complete rebuild? Might be easier to point you to something with a bit more info.

Thinking about one of Rhinelander's .45ACP conversions and it wouldn't hurt to have a spare receiver and other necessary parts if another project should come along.

Small or large ring would work. Looks like the only ones that really aren't usable with the conversions are the M48s. Bores can be toast.

I've checked the usual suspects and come up blank on truly cheap turds to build with.

Checked SOG, Century, J&G, Sarco

I picked up a few VZ12/33's from this guy a couple years ago for about $100 ea, had one rebarreled as a scout. Turd is about the description, although one cleaned up enough for a wall hanger. They were complete rifles from one of the South American revolutions, so the typical pitted and smooth bores, but the actions were sound.

He no longer has them listed, but cant hurt to shoot him an email, you never know.

My Gun Broker

Rhineland 45 conversion is a hoot, I friend of mine found his not too burned up Turkish Mauser in the rubble of his house fire and rebuild it with the 45 barrel, 1911 mags and a new stock of course, works and function great and pretty damned accurate to boot.
Good luck with your search, try pawn shops and gunshows maybe??

Cheers.

Pack rat if you come up empty and have a c&r shoot me a pm. I still have one more 12/33 left fully intact. It's in my bound book so will need to be transferred.