• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheap padded rifle bags

300zx_tt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2021
South East Pennsylvania
Anybody know of any inexpensive padded rifle bags that I can store rifles in and hang from the muzzle end? They need to be decent sized to fit scoped rifles and AR’s. Don’t need them to be super padded, just enough to keep them from making contact with one another in a spare closet I have.

Anybody know of any inexpensive padded rifle bags that I can store rifles in and hang from the muzzle end? They need to be decent sized to fit scoped rifles and AR’s. Don’t need them to be super padded, just enough to keep them from making contact with one another in a spare closet I have.
Good way to grow rust in a padded rifle case

Yeah, don't put them in a case, they will a!most certainly rust. If you want to use a spare closet, get some grooved trifle rests. They're cheap and you can screw or glue them to a wall. If you live in humid area, put a container of water absorbing crystals in a corner.

You need a gun safe, like what another person posted. You will ruin your guns, they will rust. And more so if your by the ocean or humidity. You want to store them with a dehumidifier. You can get the old oiled storage bags, but that's not keeping anything safe from the wrong people either

You need a gun safe, like what another person posted. You will ruin your guns, they will rust. And more so if your by the ocean or humidity. You want to store them with a dehumidifier. You can get the old oiled storage bags, but that's not keeping anything safe from the wrong people either
I have a safe, it’s currently packed to the gills with all of the stuff I can’t replace or has sentimental value, followed by my higher dollar rifles and pistols. This would be for stuff like 10/22’s a few older 12g’s, some other .22’s… basically shit I can replace for under $4-500 bucks

I have a safe, it’s currently packed to the gills with all of the stuff I can’t replace or has sentimental value, followed by my higher dollar rifles and pistols. This would be for stuff like 10/22’s a few older 12g’s, some other .22’s… basically shit I can replace for under $4-500 bucks
No room for another safe, the same size as the bag?... get a dehumidifier or reusable one and you're golden. Stack on, Walmart ha ha

No room for another safe, the same size as the bag?... get a dehumidifier or reusable one and you're golden. Stack on, Walmart ha ha
I just sold my house and moved into a rental property I own, this is a temporary storage solution. I’m planning when I buy my next main home to either build a safe room into it or to have room for a Lincoln 50 or similar safe. Until then I don’t think buying another safe just to move it in a year and outgrow both of them is the move for me

My dad left a special addition Benelli , 1 of 1,000 pr something in a sock while he moved his safe. Forgot, 3 weeks later it was rusted!!!

My dad left a special addition Benelli , 1 of 1,000 pr something in a sock while he moved his safe. Forgot, 3 weeks later it was rusted!!!
Saw a guy do it with his high end browning OU lol

• Sad
Reactions: waveslayer
I don't use them but it seems like they could be a good way to keep the guns from getting dinged up. The OP can stack them in the closet, check on them from time to time for preventative maintenance, and it could work as a short term solution.

Saw a guy do it with his high end browning OU lol
I’ve had some stuff in gun socks for 6+ years with zero rust. Ive never heard of it causing any rust before… I’ll have to do some research I guess!

I’ve had some stuff in gun socks for 6+ years with zero rust. Ive never heard of it causing any rust before… I’ll have to do some research I guess!
Could depend on your climate too