• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes cheap scope

MissoulaZ28

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2012
Montana
I'm looking for a cheaper scope for a 22lr. I have experience with the Mueller APT 4.5-14 and like it but am also looking at the Bushnell 3200 10x. Has anybody compared these two? Or have another scope to look at in the $150-$200 range.

Thanks

Re: cheap scope

Just picked up a Vortex Crossfire 4-16 Mil Dot for a .22 for 156$ NIB. All The close out ones are dried up, but if your patient, they can be had on E-Bay. I like the covered turrets and the reticule. I don't like the little bit of slack the turrets have before you hear the click. Time will tell for me, but it is an option and you can't beat the warranty.

I love the Muellers for rimfire. I've had the APV and currently the APT. I think the stuff from Mueller is very under rated.

I've got a buddy that has the 3200 but its on a center fire. If the scope was for a center fire rifle I'd go with the 3200 all the way. I have more faith in its tracking and ability to withstand recoil.

But if it's slated for a rimfire hands down with the APV/APT.

If you really want something to hold you over the Wally World Centerpoint's are an option at 70$ But I think that money would be better spent towards a Mueller

$ave another hundred $ and buy an SWFA SS 10x42 mil-mil rear parallax and never ever look back. You can thank me, later.

BTW the 10x42 SWFA SS is spring gun rated, using mine on a RWS Diana 34 Panther about six months. Called SWFA three times to confirm the 10x42 was actually spring rated!

BlackBird001-1.jpg

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-10x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P53712.aspx

Sam
smile.gif

a scope with a dedicated reticle might be something to consider also,like the pride fowler 3-9x32 rapid reticle .22lr. there's a few other scopes with .22lr reticles too.

I've looked at the SWFA scopes, just not sure I want to spend that much on a scope for a 200yd gun. I like the Mueller I am leaning toward another one, the mil/mil of the 3200 is why I am thinking about that choice.

I have to throw the swfa 6x or 10x a vote also. Was running a 6x moa ss on a 10/22 and recently swapped it for the mil version. Shooting the 6x out to 300 yds on a 22 is a lot of fun and no problems poking crows and varmits at 25-100 yds.
If I had to stay cheaper the vortex crossfire or mueller would probably be the choice.

I'd look at the Vortex 4-12x40mm Diamondback with AO and V-plex. It's a few bucks more then you were looking to spend but you'll be able to focus from 10 yards to infinity. You can't beat the warranty.